Read first please!

BFT

Reaction score
like mentioned in the 6.0 aftermarket section by rescuef250, keep this thread for performance and aftermarket regarding the 6.4 powertrain and trans.

there is a certain section for wheels, tires or anything more cosmetic

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

^^^click

quick info about modding your 6.4

400-500 hp level: Look no further than a tuner exhaust and an intake, other typical reliabilty mods will include egr block off plates. At this level transmission and headgaskets should last a long time, but like anything else mechanical parts fail all the time for no good reason, same applies here.

500-550, still pretty reliable, starting to ask alot of the trans and head bolts, tuner only numbers still apply

550-600, 575-580 is pretty common on just a tune, some trucks will go over 600 hp on the dyno and track numbers. At this level the trans is on its last leg, and the headgaskets are bound to start to leak sooner than later, studs, egr delete, and trans are recomended, power can still be made on stock turbos.

600-700hp, Here is where things start to get fun, get the fundamentals out of the way, truck should already have studs, trans, and full egr delete.
Couple options are adding fuel to stock turbos, and push to about the 650 hp level.

Stock fuel system, air dog, stock HPFP, stock nozzles
Tow power atmosphere should net around 625-640 on stock fuel
Drop in batmowheel should net around 615-630 on stock fuel
Tow powerX/high power turbos should net around 650-670 hp on stock fuel
High power turbos should net slightly higher
Single turbo in the 66mm range from MPD should net 625ish hp on stock fuel
Single turbo in the 70mm range from MPD should net 650ish hp on stock fuel

Fuel mods in the 600-700 hp range
Stock turbos, 640 ish hp with 110 injectors and industrial/dual fuelers
Tow powers should be right at the 700 hp level with 110s industrial/or dual fuelers maybe a little on the conservative side on hp

700-800 hp
Tow powers and 110s are going to be just over 700 hp, we will put it in both categories
High power/ towpowerx with 110s should be about 725-750 depending on tuning injectors ect
Max powers and 60hp nozzles should be 725-750
ONLY set of stock injector over 700hp is mpd compounds @ 707? hp with bone stock fuel
71mm mpd single with 60% over injectors should be in the 750 hp level
Max powers and 110s should be in the 775-800 hp level

800+ hp

Maxpowers 150 injectors dual fuelers solid 850 hp at sea level uncorrected
MPD 75mm single with dual fuelers is in the 900 hp range depending on the turbo and truck, some higher some just a shy lower.

:note: these numbers are based on info gathered on other members trucks, there are too many variables to say that each combo will net x amount of power but this is a good start.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
whats all needed to keep the trans alive?? good converter and what elts?

full build, clutches ect, shafts if you want to get crazy.

Best bet is too buy a built one from elite, suncoast, rudy's, mpd, ect thats fully built already, they all seam to know whats going on and have most issues figured out, seams like most that buy a kit and have a local shop put it together dont have luck

jmar

Reaction score
thanks for putting this info up here

its great for a new ford owner

Oh-ate6.4PSD

Reaction score
Best wish list thread!
I need more on the trans side tho. Them fully built ones are expensive. i know this thread was alot of work, but just to reference basics for 600rwhp, 700, 800 etc

Stroked777

Reaction score
Best wish list thread!
I need more on the trans side tho. Them fully built ones are expensive. i know this thread was alot of work, but just to reference basics for 600rwhp, 700, 800 etc

600- just raybestos clutches
700- the above plus billet input and billet low/reverse hub
800- upgraded clutches (just more of them) plus all billet internals, intermidiant shaft, overdrive planetary, low/reverse hub, and input shaft

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
How far will a dpc tripple billit converter get me before I need a full trans swap

hard to say, but its a GREAT start. I have great deals on them, let me know if I can help you out on one.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Mike what are your thoughts on a 13in converter in a stock trans with tuner capable power levels, ie 500-575hp

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.