Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.7 Aftermarket

Old 05-25-2017, 07:39 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

I'm having the same issue with my 14. Both modules are just unplugged and the connectors are just hanging there. I've had it happen every couple thousand miles or a couple hundred miles it seems to pop another fuse. I talked to the service manager at the dealership and he said it has something to do with the software within the programming of the ECU. It runs a system check every so often to look for the modules and if they aren't hooked up it seems to blow the fuse. From what I gathered from him the change was made on the 13's going forward. I was wondering if this could be fixed with the tunes I am running or if I have to get creative and make some changes to the circuit to mimic the modules operating correctly.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:58 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Any more direction or pics on what to do? How do you keep this from happening on a 15' that is dereeted?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2017, 09:08 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMB View Post
....I talked to the service manager at the dealership and he said it has something to do with the software within the programming of the ECU. It runs a system check every so often to look for the modules and if they aren't hooked up it seems to blow the fuse.....
That's horse ****, that's just your dealer making **** up to sound knowledgeable. Programming will NOT blow a fuse.

Any way it happend to me also a few hundred miles after weight loss. I left the module plugged into the main harness and just unplugged the sensors. Got the codes after the first rain storm. Found green stuff in the front module sensor socket, removed both and greased and taped up connectors and No issues since
Old 05-25-2017, 09:21 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

I've been through about 5 or 6 blade fuses so far trying to get it to go away. It keeps coming back sometimes sooner sometimes later and I noticed it does depend on the weather and it's never at an exact mileage. I am going to check the connectors again clean them out with alcohol and pack them with dielectric and wrap them with a glove or something to make it water tight. I originally had them both connected and ran almost 8k miles then popped the fuse I disconnected the rear most module first and blew a fuse right away then tried disconnecting the one towards the front on the inside of the frame rail and it went away for about 6k miles but came right back on again one day. Cleared the code tried another fuse and blew right away again.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:28 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

if you can't solve the issue
why not run an auto-resetting fuse?

https://www.gofundme.com/2464axqr
Old 05-25-2017, 09:59 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Just ordered one from littelfuse, should be in some time next week. I am still going to try to clean out the connections and pack them with dielectric to see if that fixes the problem first. If it doesn't fix it then I will try the auto reset blade fuse it was about $6 shipped to my door.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:16 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

they work well for the random fuse blowing problems and even troubleshooting

now if it blew a fuse every few minutes then I would be inclined to find the problem
sooner than later

https://www.gofundme.com/2464axqr
Old 05-25-2017, 12:17 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Yeah it's not that bad lol. Thanks for the help and I will update once I get around to working on it when I get back from vacation.
Old 05-30-2017, 01:37 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

I haven't had any of these codes yet. How many of these NOX modules are there on a 2015 and where are they located? I remember seeing two on the frame (one on the inside and one on the outside). Plus the particulate matter sensor by the tailpipe. The PM sensor is already taken care of. Thanks in advance.

B
Old 05-30-2017, 02:09 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be.jammmin View Post
I haven't had any of these codes yet. How many of these NOX modules are there on a 2015 and where are they located? I remember seeing two on the frame (one on the inside and one on the outside). Plus the particulate matter sensor by the tailpipe. The PM sensor is already taken care of. Thanks in advance.

B

3. There is also one at the rear tailpipe section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk