Patriot (Spar-tan) V10.00 Update 2008-2010 6.4 OST (On Screen Tuning)

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Since the Patriot, team rarely get on here I wrote up a post for you all that don't have Facebook.

My post below.

Hey guys, Patriot Diagnostics (formerly Spar-tan) Version 10.00 standard and SOTF (Shift on the fly) W/ OST (on screen tuning) for the 2008-2010 6.4 released today, the standard files and OST update will be free.

This brand new update let's you tweak shifting and other parameters to your liking.

Base files are all new, built from the ground up these new Patriot files don't even compare to the older (spar-tan) files.. all previous issues that the older spar-tan files had are now gone.

No more harsh shifting, touchy throttle or rev slams, these issues are all solved with the new files.

Truck drives with stockish manners under 50% throttle and shifts are near stock.

Shifting at WOT is firm but not overly firm and jolty like the old (spar-tan) files

combine all this, with the available SOTF (shift on the fly) and OST (on screen tuning) is basically custom tuning in you hands, in a few mins and a few clicks you can have a "custom tune" tailored to your liking for example shift firmness or hard parts modifications. Including turbocharger configuration, high pressure fuel system configuration, built transmission selection and many others all done on screen via a patriot tuning device.

SOTF is a 4 position hard wired (plug and play) switch, which will let you switch through 4 different tunes on the fly, this is not like previous methods of SOTF for the 6.4 that only changed IPW for every "tune" leaving more to be desired.

No transmission relearn needed while switch though all 4 positions, change positions as you please.

Patriot's SOTF solution is a very advanced method which changes, VGT, transmission shifting, injector timing etc making every tune its very own with different power and driving characteristics.

If you already have a Patriot (spar-tan) device and don't want SOTF and just the standard V.10.00 OST update and files.

Email [email protected] and request version 10.00 Standard (non SOTF) OST and files, be sure to have your device serial number handy when emailing sales.

If you want to purchase the SOTF switch and software, price is $200 + shipping.

Last edited:

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
will this work on the old dashdaq?

thanks

Yes

V10.01 will be going out tomorrow it fixes a small glitch in 75, 150 and 210 tunes as they were looking for EGT sensors in the exhaust causing a no start condition and a bunch of codes.

If you haven't emailed for an update yet ignore this message as V10.01 will be going out starting tomorrow.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
new update seems to be working great ! so far so good ! hit us up for the update and switch !

beaslyb

Reaction score
The shifting is definitely a lot better than any of the previous tuning, and all the options that are offered are awesome too. Only thing I'm disappointed about is that the VGT off at idle was an option, at least what I downloaded it wasn't. I hate to complain at all with all the effort that was put into this over the last few years, and that it was a free update also. I'm very happy with the update other than that.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
The shifting is definitely a lot better than any of the previous tuning, and all the options that are offered are awesome too. Only thing I'm disappointed about is that the VGT off at idle was an option, at least what I downloaded it wasn't. I hate to complain at all with all the effort that was put into this over the last few years, and that it was a free update also. I'm very happy with the update other than that.

VGT off at idle, should be coming.

Turdchucker22

Reaction score
what benefit does vgt off at idle provide other than sounding different?

Im more concerned about getting rid of that damn tpms sensor light.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
what benefit does vgt off at idle provide other than sounding different?

Im more concerned about getting rid of that damn tpms sensor light.

Nothing else LOL

If you are interested in turning of the TPMS completely

You will need a windows laptop with bluetooth.

Download Forscan the latest windows forscan here (free)

http://www.forscan.org/download.html

Purchase a OBD II adapter like this OBD link MX

https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-426101-OBDLink-Bluetooth-Professional/dp/B006NZTZLQ

Sign up on their forum and then generate a extended license, you will need your the hardware ID to apply for the extended license if you press on the little steering wheel icon it will take you to it.

Connect to the truck and go to module configuration, click on GEM (as-built)

Find 726-02-01 line

(make sure to write down your current value just in case.)

Most trucks with TPMS enabled will be 0060

TPMS disable will be 0000

Change the 6 to a 0 so the line will now be 0000

Go to the bottom and click write, it will write to the module then it will say along the lines of "programmed blocks successful" turn key off.

Turn the key off and turn it back on again the TPMS light will now be gone.

All in all takes around 5 mins.

Last edited:

faulk222

Reaction score
I got a SCT livewire what would the cost be to switch to a device to get the tunes

ckrueg

Reaction score
I got a SCT livewire what would the cost be to switch to a device to get the tunes

New the Ndash is around 14-1500. if you can find one used it's 250 to re license if they returned to stock, so if you find a good deal it would run a bit under 1k.

Nothing else LOL

If you are interested in turning of the TPMS completely

You will need a windows laptop with bluetooth.

Download Forscan the latest windows forscan here (free)

http://www.forscan.org/download.html

Purchase a OBD II adapter like this OBD link MX

https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-426101-OBDLink-Bluetooth-Professional/dp/B006NZTZLQ

Sign up on their forum and then generate a extended license, you will need your the hardware ID to apply for the extended license if you press on the little steering wheel icon it will take you to it.

Connect to the truck and go to module configuration, click on GEM (as-built)

Find 726-02-01 line

(make sure to write down your current value just in case.)

Most trucks with TPMS enabled will be 0060

TPMS disable will be 0000

Change the 6 to a 0 so the line will now be 0000

Go to the bottom and click write, it will write to the module then it will say along the lines of "programmed blocks successful" turn key off.

Turn the key off and turn it back on again the TPMS light will now be gone.

All in all takes around 5 mins.

can the pressure be lowered with forscan instead of completely disabled?

Last edited:

PyroFighter

Reaction score
Since the Patriot, team rarely get on here I wrote up a post for you all that don't have Facebook.

My post below.

Hey guys, Patriot Diagnostics (formerly Spar-tan) Version 10.00 standard and SOTF (Shift on the fly) W/ OST (on screen tuning) for the 2008-2010 6.4 released today, the standard files and OST update will be free.

This brand new update let's you tweak shifting and other parameters to your liking.

Base files are all new, built from the ground up these new Patriot files don't even compare to the older (spar-tan) files.. all previous issues that the older spar-tan files had are now gone.

No more harsh shifting, touchy throttle or rev slams, these issues are all solved with the new files.

Truck drives with stockish manners under 50% throttle and shifts are near stock.

Shifting at WOT is firm but not overly firm and jolty like the old (spar-tan) files

combine all this, with the available SOTF (shift on the fly) and OST (on screen tuning) is basically custom tuning in you hands, in a few mins and a few clicks you can have a "custom tune" tailored to your liking for example shift firmness or hard parts modifications. Including turbocharger configuration, high pressure fuel system configuration, built transmission selection and many others all done on screen via a patriot tuning device.

SOTF is a 4 position hard wired (plug and play) switch, which will let you switch through 4 different tunes on the fly, this is not like previous methods of SOTF for the 6.4 that only changed IPW for every "tune" leaving more to be desired.

No transmission relearn needed while switch though all 4 positions, change positions as you please.

Patriot's SOTF solution is a very advanced method which changes, VGT, transmission shifting, injector timing etc making every tune its very own with different power and driving characteristics.

If you already have a Patriot (spar-tan) device and don't want SOTF and just the standard V.10.00 OST update and files.

Email [email protected] and request version 10.00 Standard (non SOTF) OST and files, be sure to have your device serial number handy when emailing sales.

If you want to purchase the SOTF switch and software, price is $200 + shipping.

Does any of this work with the original dashdaq? Or just the ndash/ngauge?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

A new nDash cost $1499 + SOTF switch and software is $200

You can find a used nDash for around $700-800

Re license fee is $250 if the previous truck was returned to stock

Fee is $599 if the previous truck was not returned to stock

Fee is $599 for conversion license (for example) if the device is from a 6.7 and is going on a 6.4.

Same for DashDaq but I recommend if buying used buy an nDash you will have more expandability and capability in the future.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
How can you change it? Is the 0060 mean it's set to 60psi?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No, the next set of numbers is pressure.

You can set tpms pressure on the plain english settings if it's easier for you.

For example 0060 4141 : 41 = 65 psi front 41 = 65 psi rear.

Be sure to back up orginal, values just in case.

Last edited:

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Posted by Matt via Facebook

" Patriot 6.4 Customers,

We have version 10.02 being released this week. This version will contain the following revisions to 10.01:

High boost issue fixes for 275HP and 325HP base files

Base shift schedule option added to OST selections. This will contain a raised base schedule optimal for larger turbocharger applications (after testing, we've discovered the individual shift schedule adjustments do not provide a wide enough adjustment by themselves). The individual adjustments can be used on the new base schedule as a modifier, as well.

210HP, 275HP, 325HP, and SOTF Base files containing additional modifications for fixed turbocharger applications (this will reduce injection rattle, improve turbo spool-up time, and overall improve drivability. (Please give a thanks to Josh Davis @ RCD for his help with this.)

We've also fixed the following errors from 10.01:

Low Pressure Fuel System selection moved to the correct screen (was displayed in an erroneous menu due to bad spelling on my part)

6th Gear Lockout option corrected (schedules were backward for this selection)

We still have a competition option coming soon that will include further options, such as injection timing adjustments, Tow/Haul scheduling, and others.

For our 6.7 guys reading this, we have updates coming for you as well soon, including OST! "

DoubleL

Reaction score
I just upgraded to v10.01 yesterday by getting a link from Patrio t. How will I go about getting v10.02? Do I have to request it from them again or is there a place to go on web to get the file when it's available.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I just upgraded to v10.01 yesterday by getting a link from Patrio t. How will I go about getting v10.02? Do I have to request it from them again or is there a place to go on web to get the file when it's available.

There will be instructions on FB, I will most likely cross post when released.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.