Adding upfitter switches

Rustedcutlery

Reaction score
Iv searched and came up with nothing, so maybe it’s not a easy task.

But Iv read where ford made it pretty easy for the consumer to wire up their upfitters with extra grounds and what not.
What are the chances these pickups are prewired for the upfitters?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Iv searched and came up with nothing, so maybe it’s not a easy task.

But Iv read where ford made it pretty easy for the consumer to wire up their upfitters with extra grounds and what not.
What are the chances these pickups are prewired for the upfitters?
I went thru this with a customer a few months back. He eas willing to drop whatever as far as money. I wrote into the tech hotline, who informed me it was not possible from a dealer perspective. It seemed it would require a new headliner, body harness, possibly a bcm, and forscan should be able to turn on whatever you need to turn on. At the dealer, we don't have access to stuff like that. And you would obviously need the upfitter switches and relay box. But the info I got from the engineers was pretty much buy a truck with them. It is definitely not as simple as the 11-16 trucks.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Rustedcutlery

Reaction score
I went thru this with a customer a few months back. He eas willing to drop whatever as far as money. I wrote into the tech hotline, who informed me it was not possible from a dealer perspective. It seemed it would require a new headliner, body harness, possibly a bcm, and forscan should be able to turn on whatever you need to turn on. At the dealer, we don't have access to stuff like that. And you would obviously need the upfitter switches and relay box. But the info I got from the engineers was pretty much buy a truck with them. It is definitely not as simple as the 11-16 trucks.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Juice isnt worth the squeeze

Thank you gentlemen. I was hoping it would be an easy process, figured it would just be cheaper for them to wire all the trucks the same.

ajcascio

Reaction score
This is actually a very easy thing to do...did it in my truck. Took about 3 hours total and works great!!

HC3Z-15A404-A - 27.89 -harness from upper console to a pillar
HC3Z-14A303-F - 190.88 harness from battery to fuse panel w/relay box
HC3Z-28519A58-LAS - 537.14 (this one is for my truck) upper console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usedoak

Reaction score
I know it's been a few weeks but did you ever do this? My parts are on order and from the guide I'm following its basically plug and play (more like pay and plug). about $650 later i have everything.

Rockinroy2

Reaction score
I know it's been a few weeks but did you ever do this? My parts are on order and from the guide I'm following its basically plug and play (more like pay and plug). about $650 later i have everything.

If you ordered all of the parts, and follow the video above, it’ll take about 2-3hours (and lots of cussing) to do it... it’s a PITA, but not overly difficult.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Members online