KC Turbos 6.4 turbo testing

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Well... she is dirty but finally up and running. Thanks Ian Gebbia for the hookup on the nice truck. 2008 f250 ccsb 4x4 black harley (without the flames) We bought her with a blown motor and completely went through it.

KC Turbos is officially getting into the 6.4 turbo market... better late than never. We have some pretty unique stuff we want to try that we hope is going to be a game changer. Gonna push stock fuel to the max and then bump up to either 60% or 100% overs with the new Industrial injection pump.

Let me say WOW... I can now see why guys love these things so much. It is hard to believe how fun they are just tuned and ******d.

Baseline numbers h&s tuner on 300 tune. Plan to get some custom EZ Lynk tunes dialed in from TSD
590hp and 1296tq

Here is the run down on the build so far:
KDD Stage 2 motor (cam, rods, oring heads, 625s, delipped and coated pistons, etc)
Full Billet Warren 5r trans (built here in house with warren parts)
New Alliant HPFP with all new fuel lines
New Pure Power Injectors
AD4G 200
Titan fuel tank with sump
Stock rebuilt turbos (for now)
No Limit Intake
BD exhaust manifolds and up pipes
Odawg ported intake manifold
New body mounts

What kinda things would you guys like to see tested?

IJKIDpvl.jpg

j7R98pnl.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I'd personally like to see a direct drop in single. Not even really so much on the performance side... With little to no tuning involved.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I'd personally like to see a direct drop in single. Not even really so much on the performance side... With little to no tuning involved.

No plans for a single... got the truck strictly for the compounds. Its crazy to think someone would take something that drives so great, spools so fast, and tows so well... and then rip it off to put on a laggy single.

akf250

Reaction score
Interested in seeing results with 60% injectors and the modified pump coupled with a larger compound like the Elite Diesel Tow Powers or Tow Powers Plus do.

Its like the most fuel possible without going dual fuelers.

Or you could just go with a lotta air...

You can get 700+ hp out of High Powers and Stock Fuel.

More air or more fuel, what will work best? Whats more reliable? Who's gonna be better for towing vs. racing? Lowest EGTS? Best response?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
hahaha... good one.

Here is an even better one? Why don't you try Calling Elite diesel... the king of the turbos back in 2014 and try to order one.

What is really ironic is that people said the same thing about the 7.3 being 25 years old... guess who totally changed the turbo game by doing a little innovation, r&d, and giving a little love to an old platform?

akf250

Reaction score
Compounds

hahaha... good one.

Here is an even better one? Why don't you try Calling Elite diesel... the king of the turbos back in 2014 and try to order one.

What is really ironic is that people said the same thing about the 7.3 being 25 years old... guess who totally changed the turbo game by doing a little innovation, r&d, and giving a little love to an old platform?

@white_monster builds turbo kits similar to the old Elite Compounds.

But besides that, I do not know who has ready to go off the shelf performance compounds for sale?

And trust me, I understand, I bought a used paid of Tow Power Jr's and had to have Elite help me get them rebuilt. I thought I was going to have to fly to Colorado to get it finished. It was the most painful thing ever...

KCTurbos

Reaction score
@white_monster builds turbo kits similar to the old Elite Compounds.

But besides that, I do not know who has ready to go off the shelf performance compounds for sale?

And trust me, I understand, I bought a used paid of Tow Power Jr's and had to have Elite help me get them rebuilt. I thought I was going to have to fly to Colorado to get it finished. It was the most painful thing ever...

Thanks, we wanna be the new guy who actually provides customer support and has the turbo on the shelf ready to go.

Petro

Reaction score
No plans for a single... got the truck strictly for the compounds. Its crazy to think someone would take something that drives so great, spools so fast, and tows so well... and then rip it off to put on a laggy single.

This ^^^. I'll own another one of these turds again probably within the next year, I'll definitely be looking for a set of drop in compounds. Looking forward to having more options.

J98

Reaction score
Interested to see what you guys come up with. You guys are one of the very few vendors that still post stuff like this on the Army which I can appreciate.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Interested to see what you guys come up with. You guys are one of the very few vendors that still post stuff like this on the Army which I can appreciate.

Thanks for the support... I wish more people still got on the forums. I miss those days.

But most have moved onto facebook which kinda sucks for posting actual data.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Thanks for the support... I wish more people still got on the forums. I miss those days.

But most have moved onto facebook which kinda sucks for posting actual data.

You mean the Face*** groups lie? LOL

ckrueg

Reaction score
You can't beet the forums for organization. Facebook posts just get to hard to track with hundreds of comments, most of which are uneducated.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
You can't beet the forums for organization. Facebook posts just get to hard to track with hundreds of comments, most of which are uneducated.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

When the forum is free to host and set up, and you don’t even have to get ad dollars to keep the server up, theres no incentive for the “owner” to keep the moderators in check, so the wrong people end up in charge. It’s super easy to get on fb forums, they require no maintenance, and it’s such a mess to navigate you can’t even tell someone “searchbar” because it doesn’t work.

It results in at best, tons of repeatitive questions and low effort posts. Instead of ONE thread for crewcab pictures it’s 3 posts a day going “lets see those crewcabs!” Theres also a million trolls, people with 3 fake accounts just to trash a vendor, and a lot of mouthbreathing ****ery.

Plus even before fb groups got big for trucks the site was really just full of moms and ootl people. The “cool kids” weren’t on facebook. It’s just cringe posts, people putting on a message about their sorority recruitment, and memes and videos I saw three weeks ago everywhere else.

akf250

Reaction score
Facebook 6.4 Powerstroke: 24/7 Discussion about Blowby Videos and Dipstick O-Ring Leaks

sootie

Reaction score
Would be interesting to see a dyno graph of stock sticks vs 15% or 30% over sticks on a stock pump.

Are we really going down this road? A stock pump can't even handle 15% nozzles on full pulse width, nevermind 30s. I guess by definition...history repeats itself!

sootie

Reaction score
I've heard many say fresh pump will do 15's and I've heard a lot say no way, but never seen any info to back it up. Just curious

ya-we all figured this out back in the late 2000s...people still drive six fours?

Latest posts

Members online