Anything new?

Nic

Reaction score
About to dive into my 04.5 for injector re-seal, oil rail rebuild , ficm and a few other things. Also considering the high flow oil.cooler from Rudy's. Anyone use it yet? Is there anything else I should consider that anyone has found to be a long term issue while I'm in there or is it just the usual? Any info appreciated!

bismic

Reaction score
IMO many/most of the high flow oil coolers do not cool as well as OEM

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I would stick with oem as well. And with the 2yr warranty, in about a year and a half, to a year and 8 months, it would definitely plug up again, and id get another one... If ya catch my drift there...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Nic

Reaction score
Ok I guess that solves that. Is there any way better than a typical coolant filter to keep them clear? Maybe backflushing every 6 months or so? The truck has always had a coolant filter but it seems like that prolongs the eventual issue rather than prevents it.

6_Riders

Reaction score
You could always go with an external oem cooler setup. I think BPD has one and is coming out with the same setup, but uses the 6.7 cooler.

BS Hauler

Reaction score
The oil cooler in a way is a filter. A remote filter is finer than the oil cooler and only stops what goes thru the oil cooler anyway. Everything coming out of the block has to go thru the oil cooler first. But they still help.

Jmztransport84

Reaction score
I have the ipr kit with 6.7 oil cooler. The ipr coolant filter works good. Whatever kit u go with make sure u use oem gaskets for oil cooler base, I learned this the hard way. I can change an oil cooler under 1 hour with relocate kit.

Latest posts

Members online