Dual Fuelers

Sixfoh

Reaction score
Ok so Im wrapping up my build this weekend. Installing RCDs dual fueler kit on my 6.4. Ran into a problem that my belt is waaaayy too long they supplied. Anyone have this kit and can give me their belt number? The one they gave me was a K081055HD. I measured this belt to be roughly 4 inches too long. Which puts me at needing a K081015HD or a K081005HD. Would make sense with either of those being only one part number off. Just my luck to receive the wrong one though! Anyone that can help?

Sixfoh

Reaction score
Belt Routing

Ok, so as it turns out RCD did send me the right belt! Shame on me for routing it incorrectly.. Now I have a question to ask the members on here some of their opinions. Whether you know 6.4s or not chime in. Im going to post two different pictures with this of two different belt routing options. Share which one youd prefer and why.

Attachments

• 20200518_173318.jpg
    20200518_173318.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 119
  • 20200518_173650.jpg
    20200518_173650.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 108

Sixfoh

Reaction score
I hope its not too hard to tune. RCD claims the K16 in the stock location will be able to handle regulating the pressure of both pumps. The cp3 has no electrical connection happening in their kit. Leaving it to run at "full tilt". We shall see this weekend how it all pans out. Hoping it all comes together well.

sootie

Reaction score
I hope its not too hard to tune. RCD claims the K16 in the stock location will be able to handle regulating the pressure of both pumps. The cp3 has no electrical connection happening in their kit. Leaving it to run at "full tilt". We shall see this weekend how it all pans out. Hoping it all comes together well.

Yep they have said that forever. Unfortunately it is not the case. I hope you enjoy the horrendous injector rattle, non-linear and jumpy throttle and have fun with the tuning!

Reaction score
Yep they have said that forever. Unfortunately it is not the case. I hope you enjoy the horrendous injector rattle, non-linear and jumpy throttle and have fun with the tuning!
I 2ND this message lol.

RCD# the next sinister

Sixfoh

Reaction score

**** may be in a pickle then. I love injector rattle as much as your sarcastic comments on my post as well as others. Also thanks for answering the belt routing question :p

webb06

Reaction score
The second pic is more of the stock routing on all of the other pulleys. I’d go with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sixfoh

Reaction score
Thank you for your input! I definitely prefer it as well more stock on the routing. Some engineers were paid well to figure out the amount of wrap required on these pulleys given the amount of force within the tensioner.

Latest posts

Members online