batteries

RyanD

Reaction score
guys - an obvious question, I'm sure, but just this week my airbag light came on - did some research and it looks like dying batteries can cause this - I checked them, and they're returning 12.4v on both batteries. Having just gone through this with my golf cart, I am assuming they should be closer to 12.7. Is that the case in these trucks? I just had these replaced at Ford 2 years ago, so I think I am still within warranty. It does start a little hard on cold mornings but other than that the truck runs fine.

Thanks!
Ryan

dmd

Reaction score
My Ford dealer put 750cca batteries in when they replace them. A 7.3 likes 850cca
batteries.. You might want to check what the 6.7 likes and requires and what they
installed..

With that said, the Motocraft batteries have like a 100 month warranty.. and like a 48
month replacement warranty.. So you may get a new set.. (I did with the 750cca ones)
Then a few years after that they will dies again and you will get 1/2 off.. Such a pain
to keep replacing them...

RyanD

Reaction score
Thanks guys - it turns out the batteries were indeed bad and replaced under warranty. @dmd, agreed with the pain of replacing them, but with the warranty and pro-rating I'm fine with giving up a few hours.

Now to move on to why my airbag light is on solid. Forscan picked up RCM DTC B0001:13-8B but I am not seeing much in the way of a google search on it.

RyanD

Reaction score
Most of the searches I am seeing are pointing to clock spring. Given that it appears I'd need to pull the wheel anyway to test ohms on it, I think I am going to order one and try it.

RyanD

Reaction score
Update - it was indeed the clockspring. Took about an hour all in. Breaking tension on the steering wheel bolt was the worst part.

Latest posts

Members online