high fuel pressure after blue spring mod

panteramatt

Reaction score
My fuel pressure is at 84 psi idle. Is that too high? I read 75 should be max. Is that high enough to blow the injector o-rings?

Phaney

Reaction score
My fuel pressure is at 84 psi idle. Is that too high? I read 75 should be max. Is that high enough to blow the injector o-rings?
Interesting. Getting ready to do the blue spring mod to mine tomorrow. Did the hutch and harpoon mod today. Man my filters were dirty. Truck sounds smoother now to.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Decker

Reaction score
Did you buy the spring from Ford or aftermarket? If aftermarket, they state blue spring but some have a higher psi rating. I got one before from Rudy and it set me about 85. It stated factory updated spec but was not.
They sent me another one to lower the pressure and it was to soft. I gave up and went to Ford and haven't had a issue since.

panteramatt

Reaction score
One thing I just noticed is I must have slightly bent the pipe coming out the side of the regulator when I removed the cover. Could this cause pressure to raise?

Phaney

Reaction score
Yes. I bought mine from Rudy's also. I guess I'll wait till I get my fuel pressure gauge sensor installed before I change the spring so as I can keep an eye on the pressure. Just waiting on my adapter elbow to get here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online