6.7l adjustable high idle modification

CallMeColt

Reaction score
Everyone,

Here is a video I made for doing an adjustable high idle modification without needing to engage the parking brake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n0gFSEJ6rk

Tried to make it real simple to follow along with.

I also plan to wire up a switch to use the Batter Charge Protection (BCP) & still have the manual, adjustable option as well.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
How is this working out? I have had the high idle mod for a long time and have always used the parking brake..

live life full throttle

CallMeColt

Reaction score
How is this working out? I have had the high idle mod for a long time and have always used the parking brake..

live life full throttle

It's been working great. I use it often. The Battery Charge Protection is a cool addition as well. Just finished installing a 1000w inverter under the back seat so it will come in handy. Going to see if it will run my off grid place in case I ever need it too.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Can't figure out why one wants to use the SEIC and/or BCP feature without setting the E-Brake. I get it that the BCM needs to see the E-Brake ground input if the truck needs to move in PTO mode.

Billy T.
[email protected]

cappa

Reaction score
I would think one good reason would be to not screw up that connector by the ebrake that works is way loose when someone constantly uses the ebrake. Plus it's a pain in the ass. Would be nice if all it needed was to not be in gear.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
You do know that the white/violet wire is already tapped into the E-brake circuit. All you have to do is press down on the E-brake and the BCM already knows the white/violet wire is grounded. No need for any relays or extra wires.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Attachments

• 20180505_143612.jpg
    20180505_143612.jpg
    641.4 KB · Views: 76

CallMeColt

Reaction score
You do know that the white/violet wire is already tapped into the E-brake circuit. All you have to do is press down on the E-brake and the BCM already knows the white/violet wire is grounded. No need for any relays or extra wires.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Yes, but the point of my video was to be able to use SEIC without pressing down the e-brake at all. That's why the relay was needed.

Why? Eh, because I wanted too haha. If I wanted to quickly flip up the switch while waiting in a parking lot, or the same for my wife in the truck while in the passenger seat if I run into a store... no need to press the e-brake down. The slight RPM increase does make a big difference in the summer with the temperature of the A/C coming out the vents. Also, saw I'm jump starting a vehicle, using my inverter, etc.... I can open either door & flip the switch to start SEIC without needing to get up in the seat to press the e-brake down. Lastly, I'm weird & wanted to solve a problem that wasn't really a problem.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I just did this using the assistance off the videos from above. I didn't opt to use the relay to give a ground signal to trick the truck's computer. I still have to depress the E-brake.

Since Radio Shack is gone, I ordered my parts from Digi-Key
SPDT switch - CW161-ND
Potentiometer (50K) - CT3063-ND
Knob for Potentiometer - 226-4101-ND

If you flip the switch one way, it goes into Battery Charge Protection Mode (BCP). Go the other way is the normal Stationary Elevated Idle Control (SEIC). The potentiometer adjusts the idle. Activation of the idle control is via an upfitter switch.

I made a bracket that attaches off the OBD2 port. If anyone need me to do a schematic without the relay, let me know.

To6QZDL.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]

C2tuck

Reaction score
Would be nice if ford would follow dodge on this one with just using the cruise control features while parked. About the only thing I miss from my dodge...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CallMeColt

Reaction score
I just did this using the assistance off the videos from above. I didn't opt to use the relay to give a ground signal to trick the truck's computer. I still have to depress the E-brake.

Since Radio Shack is gone, I ordered my parts from Digi-Key
SPDT switch - CW161-ND
Potentiometer (50K) - CT3063-ND
Knob for Potentiometer - 226-4101-ND

If you flip the switch one way, it goes into Battery Charge Protection Mode (BCP). Go the other way is the normal Stationary Elevated Idle Control (SEIC). The potentiometer adjusts the idle. Activation of the idle control is via an upfitter switch.

I made a bracket that attaches off the OBD2 port. If anyone need me to do a schematic without the relay, let me know.

To6QZDL.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]

Looks good!

Thanks for the part number on the knob. It appears to be the exact one used with the shift on the fly kits. I just installed mine & now my OCD is bothering me seeing as they don't match. Think I'm going to order one.:redspotdance:

Latest posts

Members online