Fuel in Coolant, pulling motor

Irontx

Reaction score
Not mine!!!!!
Once again I have managed to donate what little time off I get to help someone with their truck.
Blowing coolant out the degas bottle like a volcano.
Not overflowing with fuel, but its in there. Guy replaces his starter thinking it just quit. More like something locked up. Im thinking hes hydro locking on fuel/coolant. Says hes been adding coolant for a year. Doesnt help that his FICM is only putting out about 40v. Im guessing its a cracked head. Would a cracked injector cup cause the coolant to pressure up? Either way, the motor is coming out this weekend. Is there any other way fuel can get into the coolant? Looks like it might have some oil in it as well. Truck has ~260k on it.Got a head on stand bye. Throwing in a new oil cooler, HGs, intake gaskets,all new PIP gaskets everywhere, glow plugs, oil drain tube, stand pipes and plugs,...... anything Im forgetting? Thought about a new HPOP but hes on a budget and hes making +3900psi right now. Will pull IPR and give it a once over. OH yea... hes been blocked and studded for a while now. Going to reuse what hes got. Well...................?

Snake

Reaction score
Could be an injector cup, but more than likely its a cracked head.
PHP:

I didn't see a FICM on the parts list? I'd also recommend a coolant flush BEFORE you replace the oil cooler.

Last edited:

Irontx

Reaction score
Could be an injector cup, but more than likely its a cracked head.
PHP:

I didn't see a FICM on the parts list? I'd also recommend a coolant flush BEFORE you replace the oil cooler.

Coolant flush is happening before, during , and after. The later will get some VC9 and distiller water. As for the ficm, well he will probably get mine. Turns out that he is driving my old dodge till he get his truck up. When we get his fixed, I'll be in the dodge cause I'm pulling my injectors and sending HIS FICM to be fixed and modded. My truck will be down for a week or 2 so I won't need it anyway.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
The most common cause I have found for fuel in the coolant is a cranked head just above the injector cup on either cylinders #3 or #5. Have seen a few cracked on #1 cylinder also.

Irontx

Reaction score
The most common cause I have found for fuel in the coolant is a cranked head just above the injector cup on either cylinders #3 or #5. Have seen a few cracked on #1 cylinder also.

Thats what Im betting on.Puking, Fuel in coolant............ locking up.... it just makes sense.

Gary

Reaction score
If it hydro locked I'd be a little concerned about mechanical damage. Maybe do a compression test.

Irontx

Reaction score
Well, looks like both heads are cracked. Buddy is running down a set. Any of yall ever hear of IPRReasearch???? Says he can get some from them pretty cheap.Suppose to be new heads. Flat and ready to go.