AC problems... HELP IT'S HOT!!

Sprman

Reaction score
My AC has stopped working while I'm driving. It doesn't blow cold air.... but when I stop, and sit for a few minutes, it starts to work again.. WTF gives... :shrug:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
pressures are really needed to diagnose it, but it sounds like you have a low charge in the system, could also be freezing up but there would probably be a lack of air flow as well.

My guess is low charge, at and idle you are probably not sucking the pressures down far enough for the low pressure cut out switch, but when you give it throttle you might be pulling the low side into a vaccum because of the low charge, or a restriction

old96stroker

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem a couple years ago, new orifice, new low pressure sensor, vacuumed system and checked pressures, turned out to be if I get this right"air gap adjustment on compressor clutch" 20 dollar fix, this is on a 96 powerstroke.

Sprman

Reaction score
ok i gotta know for u texans, Do the schools really shut down if you get 2 inches of snow?

it doesn't even have to be 2", they'll shut down for ice...LOL You gotta remember though, we don't have the infrastructure that the north has for putting salt or whatever on the roads since we don't get it often.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
i guess thats true... FYI the guys up here runnin plow/salt trucks dont hardly clear the roads. they salt the hell out of it so it melts in the afternoon then night comes and it freezes like a ice rink just in time for 5 oclock "rush" hour... which usually last 20 min.

Sprman

Reaction score
Got it fixed. My ac compressor was toast. Also found the idle pulley was bent.... :doh: all is well now and hope that is the last of the little issues.

Latest posts

Members online