Quik 6.0 Trivia !!!!!!!!!!!

Irontx

Reaction score
Trying to figure out what the duty cycle for the variable fan should be. Reason..........
My temps are all over the place. Cruising at 70-75, My EOT will sneak up to 215.:shocked: ECT around 210. Then suddenly, ECT will drop like a rock. to say......202. Then EOT will start to come down. Scanned it when I got home. Fan duty cycle goes up to about 20% when ECT would get to 210. Then would drop to 0%. like NOW.Never would bring the temps down to normal. Would bounce from 0% to 30% at an idle like it was on a toggle.I can command it to 100%, which gets me 30% DC, hold 1500RPM and the temps start falling off.Will get down to 185/190 respectively. Never payed attn to fan DC so I dont know what its normal routine is. SO............ looked through my WSM and cant find anything on it. Anyone got something on this? Have a spare laying around,LOL, just dont want to crack it open for no reason. What do yall think?? Fan clutch?

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Mmm You think the fan is out or the computer program driving it? My un-educated guess goes to the fan clutch for suddenly disengaging...maybe its all that power from the 190's? IDK. A normal fan as i guess you know will not come on full power unless needed. It should slowly work its way up and down its rpm scale to adjust for cooling needs. Which is why i think its the fan clutch. Its not engaging at lower high temp range because its ***ked up. I can get you live info if you need it to but it will be like next week. Good luck!

Irontx

Reaction score
Mmm You think the fan is out or the computer program driving it? My un-educated guess goes to the fan clutch for suddenly disengaging...maybe its all that power from the 190's? IDK. A normal fan as i guess you know will not come on full power unless needed. It should slowly work its way up and down its rpm scale to adjust for cooling needs. Which is why i think its the fan clutch. Its not engaging at lower high temp range because its ***ked up. I can get you live info if you need it to but it will be like next week. Good luck!

Thats kinda what I was thinking. I hate not having the exact specs on something. At an idle, the fan doesnt come on at all. No wonder its running hot. A/C wasnt worth a damn today when I was parked either. Thats what makes me lean towards the clutch. I can look at the data I got today, I know its jacked up, I just wanted to know what its suppose to be as well.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Well hopefully someone can give you numbers. If not youll have to wait till i get mine back to read it. At idle though my fan doesnt ever come on. It spins with the motor but im pretty sure its not under power. The only time it was on at idle is when i melted it. And once when i was pulling trees. Then my temps were 220 ect 215 eot. Pretty good way to tell about the clutch though is to be at a stop give it a good mash on the pedal. Youll hear the fan explode on but as you get up speed and run through a few gears it will power down some. If it doesnt do that then i would def. say your clutch said ***k it.

strokin6L

Reaction score
i don't have the factory fan on my truck anymore. These flex-a-lite electric fans keep my ECT temp on a nice 90*+ day while cruising around 186-190* and my EOT is around 200-202ish. I've never heard my factory fan kick on the whole time it was on my truck since i owned it.

Mdub707

Reaction score
The only time my fan has ever kicked on is when I was low on coolant. That includes towing my camper uphill in the dead of the summer. I'm talking like gallons low on coolant from spraying it out everywhere. Other than that, never heard a peep from my fan.

Irontx

Reaction score
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh:

All the scanners in the world cant tell you to replace your THERMOSTAT

$19 at the parts house. Got to thinking about it today. Even though the ond one didnt have very many miles on it, figured it was easier to change than the fan clutch. Yup.... hangs out at about 196 now.

Goes to show you that scanners are great and all, their just a tool though. If you dont know how a system works, your screwed anyway. Thanks for everyones input.

Latest posts

Members online