egr delete time!

PatMac6.0

Reaction score
i foot braked my 03 6.0 yesterday to show off and a puff of white smoke came out, is this egr issues? or something more?

its ironic that this happen, i was pricing egr delete kits and installation fees to get it done for the hell of it. is this going to become a need?

also, with a egr delete kit, will i see a little more black smoke:D i wana dump smoke, really bad, i wana do mechanical stuff before i get a programmer, i had the sct livewire and it dumped out well but i got rid of it due to the scare of blowing a tranny or stretching the studs

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Ya you've got some problems bud, an no an egr delete isn't goin to give you more black smoke, also telling everyone that you wanna "Dump smoke really bad" isn't goin to get you much help, it is frowned upon around here, and with good reason.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
And before you worry about stretching studs, you would have to be making some serious hp or have some really bad tunes. An idk if bad tunes could stretch em, prolly jus blow a gasket

Sniper32

Reaction score
Either youre 16 or a complete douche....not tryin to talk smack but those are the only people that want to "dump smoke really bad"

gjoski515

Reaction score
as sniper32 said,,,,, haha just do the egr delete, oil cooler, coolant filter and do it right, and if you have to cheese, do the studs, head gaskets, mill the heads and get it done the right way, screw the black smoke, if you want the smoke you will need much more money, but you will have the hp also

Atsah

Reaction score
i foot braked my 03 6.0 yesterday to show off and a puff of white smoke came out, is this egr issues? or something more?

its ironic that this happen, i was pricing egr delete kits and installation fees to get it done for the hell of it. is this going to become a need?

also, with a egr delete kit, will i see a little more black smoke:D i wana dump smoke, really bad, i wana do mechanical stuff before i get a programmer, i had the sct livewire and it dumped out well but i got rid of it due to the scare of blowing a tranny or stretching the studs

You can't be serious...:doh:

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You can't be serious...:doh:

Since this threa was a waste of space let me make it worth something by asking atsah...do you work that horse? I think i recall seeing a couple diff pics of that horse in your avatar??

Abrannan19

Reaction score
We can set you up with a egr delete kit when you get ready. Not gonna make anymore smoke but it will get rid of all your egr components

PatMac6.0

Reaction score
damn, talk about getting round housed in the face haha, okay dumping smoke isnt a good thing then, didnt know i was the only one attracted to it

PatMac6.0

Reaction score
well this also shows there is a very little amount of yall acctually willing to help with a nother psd owner, i was a little worried about a little white smoke and i get frowned apon along with getting told im a d bag.... haha great site ill be sure to spread the word about how awesome this site is

Atsah

Reaction score
well this also shows there is a very little amount of yall acctually willing to help with a nother psd owner, i was a little worried about a little white smoke and i get frowned apon along with getting told im a d bag.... haha great site ill be sure to spread the word about how awesome this site is

You will not find a more than willing and capable bunch of guys to help with technical issues for your truck anywhere on the net.. Blowing smoke makes us all look bad.. PM Abrannan19 if you want the best EGR delete IMO.. If your EGR cooler is gone, no doudt your oil cooler needs to be replaced as well.. When your oil cooler clogs, your coolant boils because of the restriction in the system and in turn destroys your EGR cooler.. Whatever system you decide to install on your truck to delete your EGR system, change your coolant every 50K to keep the oil cooler from clogging in the future.. Are you losing coolant? What level is your coolant bottle at when the truck is cold? it should be at the minimum mark on the bottle.. Do you service your EGR valve regularly?

yeehaw

Reaction score

well you saying you wanted to dump lots of smoke kinda set up for that

and there was a few people in this thread that did try to help

like stated, do a new oil cooler and an egr delete and your truck will run great!

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
Unhook you intercooler boot it well smoke than...I blew one off at 95mph it smoked so bad it was along ride home at like 10mph...

Sniper32

Reaction score

Look man, its not that we dont wanna help its just that people that go around rolling coal bcs they think its cool has attracted a lot of unwanted attention to our hobby and gives a people a bad impression. This is by far one of the best places anyone can go to get help with PSDs. someone could find out anything they want to through all these guys, but as you found out asking how to make more smoke isnt a good thing to ask.

PatMac6.0

Reaction score
okay, understood, i just recently got mine and enjoyed it, but seeing it in yall eyes openned mine up. i still wana know where the white smoke was coming from haha it doesnt do it any ore but i still wana know what it was

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Alright everyone thats on this site blows smoke just like a cummins d bag. They just do it when 1 its not endangering ppl 2 usually rural type ares 3 dont post about it! rolling coal is not cool on a forum. Why was it blowing white smoke hmm could be from a number of things.

Sniper32

Reaction score
If it just happened that one time you foot braked it, the it may be your egr valve is gettin gunked up and needs to be cleaned. No sure just a guess. I honestly cant think of any other reason it would only happen once, unless it was just some raw fuel that snuck through. check your egr vavle and see how dirty it is...any way you look at it an egr delete is a good idea.

DISL GRL 4

Reaction score
I have been told that I need to do the EGR delete but I still have warranty left on my truck for another 50k miles, I know doing that is going to screw with my warranty. I am tired of 14mpg and just wonder if I should chance not having to use my warranty and do it or just wait it out. I did blow head gaskets at 21k miles so I did have Ford replace the studs with ARP ( at my cost) and the oil cooler has been replaced as well, so I don't know if it would be safe to say nothing else will go wrong. I have to throw my .02 in about the smoke crap, I don't want my truck to smoke it is too darn expensive for fuel to just blow it out the exhaust. I was told once when I got on it that I had alittle haze come out and I about crapped because I don't want that. It seems people are just buying diesel's now because they want to smoke instead of just loving the truck. When I bought mine I had no idea that it was the cool thing, I have always loved trucks and my dad had always had Ford diesels so I didn't know any better. Sorry soapbox.:p

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.