Injection Control Pressure to high

Stroker04

Reaction score
My truck started to jerk the other day and it felt like an injector was cutting in and out so I did a power balance test. They're all fine. I also did a KOER test and it says my ICP pressure is to high. Could I have an issue with my IPR valve?

Stroker04

Reaction score
Its getting really bad trucks like loping now at idle. It reads about 28 at idle. The truck only does it when it gets warm too, so maybe its just an oring or something on the IPR valve? I'm not sure.

Irontx

Reaction score
Hey Zach, have you done a contribution test? Tested your FICM voltage? Is it hard to crank first thing in the morning? Only when cold, or hot? Tell us a story here.

Stroker04

Reaction score
Yeah I did. All the injectors are running fine. Its not like a shake when the injectors go bad its more of like a jerking. Like oil pressure is constantly changing at idle. FICM is brand new and is still putting out 48V. It fires right up in the morning and when its hot it starts right up too. I'm going to put this ICP sensor on you sent me in the mail today. See if that helps anything.

Irontx

Reaction score
It probably won't. Sounds like a bad injector. Jerking on light acceleration? Say about 40-50 mph? Or 1200-1800 rpm?

Stroker04

Reaction score
It probably won't. Sounds like a bad injector. Jerking on light acceleration? Say about 40-50 mph? Or 1200-1800 rpm?

Its really weird. It only does it at idle, then today on the highway it started hoping almost?? Around 2200 rpms. I know at lower rpms you can really feel a bad injector but I can feel this all throughout the power band. Also sometimes throttle response is real quick and other times its sluggish then all of a sudden the power kicks in. The truck runs absolutely perfect when its cold but when it warms up say around 150 degrees it starts acting up.

Latest posts

Members online