Dad wants a 2006 F350 KR

YoungFordAddict66

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this may be repetitive for you guys but im usually down in the obs forum so i dont know much. Ok like the title says dads looks at 6.0, the build date is in May 2005, this one actually http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/2410202865.html . And i know nothing on the 6.0's but know they have had a few problems. So my questions are

1. did the 06 trucks still have problems, like the earlier years
2.What would be some problems to take care of, egr and oil cooler etc
3.What would be some things to avoid doing to this engine

Thanks guys i appreciate the help for dad, he had a 96 F350 CC psd a few years back and is wanting to get back into the psd crowd again but just into something newer.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Looks good. I would test drive it for a good 10 mins or so and when you got back to the dealer unscrew the degas bottle and see how much pressure is building. If its exploding like crazy something is wrong. But really I love my 6l and dont regret buying it. Its the ones with injector problems and that kinda stuff that craps out that you have to watch out for.

ADub

Reaction score
Is it just me or does the king ranch interior look like garbage after a few years? Can the leather be reconditioned? Other than that, looks like a nice rig. The price seems right as well. It looks like I am going back to a 6.0 this summer.

06powerstroke

Reaction score
My 06 has been great to me. Lost a turbo at 36k, only real warranty work it ever had. Got my studs at about 65k and the oil cooler was starting to show signs of clogging, even with a coolant filter. I wouldn't be afraid of it, but... Why do the seats look so f'd up?

ADub

Reaction score
I have actually seen a lot of KR interiors look like that after 100k. For that reason, I'm looking at Lariats.

Atsah

Reaction score
It's a nice looking truck.. It really all depends what your dad is going to use it for.. If he is not going to add power to it, and he is going use it for it's intended purpose, you really don't have to do much to it.. IMO, the 05-07 square EGR cooler would be the first thing on my list, they are restrictive and they fail.. Replace it with a Bullet proof cooler or delete it all together.. and then change all fluids and filters and drive it... I would get an Oasis report to just to see what was done to the truck under warranty..

bad moose

Reaction score
Lexol the seats four or five times over the weekend. Then use Bick 4 a couple of times and maybe the leather will come back a little. With the King Ranch leather it needs to be conditioned at least once a month.

The Lexol will conditione the leather quickly but leave a little residue till you hit it with the Bick 4 a couple of times. Bick 4 is cheaper than the Ford King Ranch conditioner and can be picked up at a quality western store.

K_Hood

Reaction score
Lexol the seats four or five times over the weekend. Then use Bick 4 a couple of times and maybe the leather will come back a little. With the King Ranch leather it needs to be conditioned at least once a month.

The Lexol will conditione the leather quickly but leave a little residue till you hit it with the Bick 4 a couple of times. Bick 4 is cheaper than the Ford King Ranch conditioner and can be picked up at a quality western store.

:whs: also a very warm or hot wash rag works well too. Itll soak up alot of the oils from skin that get into the leather, particulary the steering wheel and arm rests. Give it a very good wipe down and then condition it with the ones mentioned above. :thumbup:

Latest posts

Members online