Colt billet cams

Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to show the new billet cams from colt. We have a few in stock now and are getting more.

These cams are the same proven grind as always, but have no core charge. The other upside to these cams is that they can be fully reground if your plans changed instead of buying new again. Also they are fully hardened and will last as long as a brand new stock cam. Price is set at $899 for these cams.

Reaction score
amydepu8.jpg

ebu3ena3.jpg

Tapatalk is being a pos today.

bad12jr

Reaction score
What engine?

Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

tensixniner

Reaction score
Are there different stages ... 1,2,3 ... ?
Do you have one that will work with an otherwise stock 6.4L? Doesn't need special valve springs, machining or valve reliefs in the pistons?

Reaction score
Are there different stages ... 1,2,3 ... ?
Do you have one that will work with an otherwise stock 6.4L? Doesn't need special valve springs, machining or valve reliefs in the pistons?

Anything over a stock cam I highly recommend springs and pushrods. Even with a factory cam it's the high backpressure and boost that makes the valves unseat. Some people run stock pushrods, but I can guarantee you that they are deflecting and losing lift.

Anything less than a stage one you may as well stick with a stock cam.

If you are pulling your heads I would do upgraded springs regardless of upgrading cams or not. My springs do not require machining the heads to fit.

If you upgrade to heavier springs then you need the heavier pushrods to go along with them. Otherwise they are bending under the stress and losing lift.

The stage one is meant to work without valve reliefs. But if you have pistons out it is recommended to cut reliefs in for safety. In case you break something and over rev the engine. But that can happen, even stock engines hit valves to pistons if over revved. Seen it on a guys stock 6.4 truck who was towing in tow haul going down a hill. He over revved it till they hit bent pushrods and rockers.

I do offer a full stage one kit if anyone is interested

It consists of:

heavy springs, upgraded pushrods, and a stage one reground cam. Kit price is $1200. Normal price is $1323 to buy pieces individually.

Stage on kit with Colt billet is $1475 kit, $1623 individually.

Stage one regrind kit with new oem lifters is $1575 normally $1822 buying individually.

Stage one Colt billet kit with new oem lifters is 1850, normally $2122 individually.

Hope all that helps. Let me know if you guys need anything.

Thanks, Morgan

tensixniner

Reaction score
Do you have any more info on your pushrods and springs?
Who makes them, dimensions ... spring rate?

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
I like the price on this set up...

Stage one Colt billet kit with new oem lifters is 1850, normally $2122 individually.

with your most honest answer... How does colt cams compare to competion that is out on the market... or let say this if it was your truck what would you install from the what is out for the 6.4L.....

Reaction score
I like the price on this set up...

with your most honest answer... How does colt cams compare to competion that is out on the market... or let say this if it was your truck what would you install from the what is out for the 6.4L.....

Depends on you budget. If you can afford a new billet you better off for longevity. If you want to save a little you can go with regrinds.

As far as cam choices..... Most stage 1 cams are all very comparable. I can say the grind colt use does work very well. But factory reground cams like ours, rcd's or elites are very good options as well.

The colt billet is a proven grind and works well. It also is fully hardened and will last longer with less chance of lobe failure. And best part, no core charge.