Trouble in Paradise!

Irontx

Reaction score
Well, finally got to the bottom of my heat problem. New thermostat helped alot. Still getting some off the wall temps out of the blue though. Turns out that my return line going to my degas bottle wasnt sealing. Would puke out all my coolant with 0 pressure in the tank. Guess it was like riding around with no cap on. So, last night after I figured all of this out, I hooked a pressure gauge up and went for a ride. Everything looked good. No puking, no weird temps. Right up until I pulled on it past 3/4 throttle.:doh: Gauge pegged 16 psi.. Whoops!!LOLLOL So, now it looks like I will pulling it again for the umpteenth time. Wont be anytime soon though. Im tired of working on it for a while. Think I will just let it be leaky. If it gives up the ghost, oh well. Swap something else into it. Im not mad at it though. Ive given this thing HELL!!!! I really figured the tranny would have cut loose first. Think I will buy a few parts here and there and maybe get around to it towards the end of the summer. My work schedule doesn't leave me with much free time. So it looks like I have joined the ranks of the blown HG gang!!LOLLOLLOL

When I go back in, will throw some more goodies at it!
Tuned 58v FICM
Reg Return
Oil bypass
New water pump
Oil cooler
Inter cooler
Have to see what all the check book says about it. Might do some cosmetics as well.

Last edited:

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Im really starting to hate 6.0's, i dont know how your not pissed.

Irontx

Reaction score
Im really starting to hate 6.0's, i dont know how your not pissed.

Cant be mad. Have taken it WAY outside of what it was intended for. Ive stayed in it way longer than I should have at times. You ever done 4100 rpm in high gear? Do the math on what my speed was with 3.73 rear end.LOL Thing got a little warm. Have sprayed the **** out of it. Ive had no problem mashing the go peddle. ***it, Ill take it out and start over. If I KO it, Might look into what it would take to drop a 6.4 in it. Can pick one up pretty cheap. IDK, not going to worry about it right now. Just gonna keep on keepin on. It will quit one day, then Ill fix it I guess.LOL Will pick up parts a little at a time for now. If I shyt the whole thing, well then the rest of yall will get a good deal on some NIB 6.0 parts!:D

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I call first dibs on parts. I looked into the 6.4 thing...not a easy conversion and im still not sold on it fitting. I just want reliable power, this is discouraging. I thought it could be done but i may have made the wrong move putting another 6.0 in mine.
What were you pushing 560ish hp?

Irontx

Reaction score
I call first dibs on parts. I looked into the 6.4 thing...not a easy conversion and im still not sold on it fitting. I just want reliable power, this is discouraging. I thought it could be done but i may have made the wrong move putting another 6.0 in mine.

Dont let it discourage ya man. I am pretty sure I had a problem before the injectors. I could WOT all day without puking. BUT if I went north of 100mph with my foot in it, it would puke a little.Didnt do it till I was playing with an SS Camaro one morning about 6 months ago. Stayed in the spray a little too much I think.LOL New stixs just added alot more cylinder pressure. If I put a tow tune in it it wont puke. Drive it normal, wont puke. Go figure huh.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score

if you want reliable power...then just stick with studs, delete, and tunes. these are 8000 lb work trucks that aren't designed to be hot rods. once you start throwing injectors, turbos, spray, boosted launches, sky high EGT's, etc, etc....you're going to have problems eventually. like jesse said, we're WAY outside the range of what these trucks are intended for when they come of the floor. you've heard it a million times...you pay to play, but that's what makes this fun...what other ruh-tards would dump thousands of $$ into a huge ass truck (besides the 1800 ish of us here)?

Irontx

Reaction score
if you want reliable power...then just stick with studs, delete, and tunes. these are 8000 lb work trucks that aren't designed to be hot rods. once you start throwing injectors, turbos, spray, boosted launches, sky high EGT's, etc, etc....you're going to have problems eventually. like jesse said, we're WAY outside the range of what these trucks are intended for when they come of the floor. you've heard it a million times...you pay to play, but that's what makes this fun...what other ruh-tards would dump thousands of $$ into a huge ass truck (besides the 1800 ish of us here)?

EXACTLY !!!!!!! If i had to use mine to make a living, I would be screwed. LOL

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I dont mind paying to play but I do think a reliable power level should be atainable. Just like a cumminsor a duramax. Why not a powerstroke? Well because our engines suck.

Irontx

Reaction score
I dont mind paying to play but I do think a reliable power level should be atainable. Just like a cumminsor a duramax. Why not a powerstroke? Well because our engines suck.

Don't be fooled into thinking they don't have problems as well. They do.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
sure they do. cummins melt pistons, duramax go through injectors like toilet paper and their glow plugs suck (not to mention they have aluminum heads). and how is 400 rwhp/800ish tq not considered reliable power?

Atsah

Reaction score
Smut, I have read many times were you bash the 6.0 and say it sucks.. Why don't you buy something else.. Anyone who adds power and modifies the 6.0 is well aware that it is posible to empty your checking account in short order..
If your going to own a 6.0 and expect reliability from it, you need to be fairly intelligent in the way you modify it, maintain it and drive it.. Do they have there issues, of course they do, and so do the rest of them..

Irontx

Reaction score
:whs: Im on my 3rd engine. None of them were cheap or reliable. PAY to play. No such thing as a reliable hot rod. I know exactly what all can break by playing with this thing. I just don't care. When it does, I'll. fix it stronger. Lots of guys never finish modding. their trucks.................they just run out of coin for a minute!!! LOL If you want reliability, you may want to look into getting a Honda!:poke:

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
sure they do. cummins melt pistons, duramax go through injectors like toilet paper and their glow plugs suck (not to mention they have aluminum heads). and how is 400 rwhp/800ish tq not considered reliable power?

I know alot of people around me with built duramaxes and cummins that strangly dont have to worry about what they might break everytime they drive there truck hard. 400hp is childsplay. When a stock truck comes out with 400/800 its time to step it up. 400 is to easily attainable and i think 600 shouldnt be outta the question without breaking **** all the tiime.

Smut, I have read many times were you bash the 6.0 and say it sucks.. Why don't you buy something else.. Anyone who adds power and modifies the 6.0 is well aware that it is posible to empty your checking account in short order..
If your going to own a 6.0 and expect reliability from it, you need to be fairly intelligent in the way you modify it, maintain it and drive it.. Do they have there issues, of course they do, and so do the rest of them..

Ehh Im pretty sure i maintain my 6.0 in the above avg. category. Point is the 6.0 does kinda suck. I always thought it was a good race engine but headstuds blowing all the time and all the plain out problem that come out of them is pretty pitiful. Just the fact that its a known fact if one wants to build a 6 liter your bank account will be empty speaks volumes. I can expect reliabilty all day but it will never happen no matter what i do to it. They have more issues than any diesel i think and i mod it right maintain it extremly well and drive it like a pu$$y except for its weekly excersice.

:whs: Im on my 3rd engine. None of them were cheap or reliable. PAY to play. No such thing as a reliable hot rod. I know exactly what all can break by playing with this thing. I just don't care. When it does, I'll. fix it stronger. Lots of guys never finish modding. their trucks.................they just run out of coin for a minute!!! LOL If you want reliability, you may want to look into getting a Honda!:poke:

Wah lah your on your 3rd im on my 2nd and that right there is stupid already. Even pay to play has its limits of stupidity. There are many reliable hot rods. Far more than reliable 6 liters. As for the honda...its not a bad idea i know many that will run straight passed us like were not moving and will last 4 times longer.

The thing is Unbroken says and i quote "20k buys (750 or 850) reliable horse power" (cummins). I can put 20k in a 6.0 liter and it can still blow to hell and i'd have to do it again. Insanity is defined- doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. That pretty much sums it up for a 6.0 liter.

Irontx

Reaction score
You can blow an injector tip off a built reliable cummins as well. Happens pretty regular on them. Melt a piston. One thing that they have for sure is they're easy to work on. Simplicity is best. There is nothing simple on a 6.0. Don't get me wrong, if I completely shyt this one, I might drop a cummins in it. Can never tell. Not saying its not a great motor. Really though, I just can't stand the way they soundLOL.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ok i blow an injector tip....not blow the whole motor....see my point>? Im just bitchin to bitch...im pretty sure every 6 liter owner hits this point. I love the thing for sure. Im just bitchin because i can.

Irontx

Reaction score
Ok i blow an injector tip....not blow the whole motor....see my point>? Im just bitchin to bitch...im pretty sure every 6 liter owner hits this point. I love the thing for sure. Im just bitchin because i can.

Gotcha !!!!!! Carry on.

Atsah

Reaction score

I am on my second one and when the right newer 6.0 turns up I will buy it.. Simply because I know what they like and don't like.. I don't add power to them because I use a diesel truck for it's intended purpose.. Anything I have ever hooked to my gooseneck it has pulled with ease.. I like the sound of them, I think they have good power in stock form, and the transmission is pretty damn stout.. My brother owns Dodge trucks and his boss owns Chevy's, I have driven them all and they can keep em..

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Since i derailed the **** outta your thread...whose the chick by your truck? Avatar is that your wife?

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I am on my second one and when the right newer 6.0 turns up I will buy it.. Simply because I know what they like and don't like.. I don't add power to them because I use a diesel truck for it's intended purpose.. Anything I have ever hooked to my gooseneck it has pulled with ease.. I like the sound of them, I think they have good power in stock form, and the transmission is pretty damn stout.. My brother owns Dodge trucks and his boss owns Chevy's, I have driven them all and they can keep em..

Your right im in a ford because i hate with a passion dodge and chevy/gm trucks. Im starting to hate the 5r though...420hp apparently is too much for it. 30k tuned miles and its deader than hell.

Latest posts

Members online