2012 OEM Fog Light Wires

CallMeColt

Reaction score
Everyone,
Have searched for an answer both here on the forum & the Google but no real answer.

I want to use the wires already on my truck to wire up some fog lights.

My truck came with the auto-lamp option in it already. 2012 XLT FX4.

Already purchased Motorcraft part # SW3367 & installed it. This is the switch that has auto lamps & fog lights. It gets proper power. When pulled out, the indicator light goes on & I can hear the relay close.

While searching, I found this link;
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/ford_content/catalog/accessory_files/sk-bc3j-19b532-aa--all.pdf

It's for the OEM fog light kit, part SKBC3J-19B532-AA. Problem is, I don't need that whole kit. I need just one wire, part 5 in the list. It shows a number of 15A211, Fog Lamp Jumper Wire Harness. As I've learned, Ford has some system that I don't yet fully understand... & that 15A211 is only part of the entire part number.

When I search 15A211, Fog Lamp Jumper Wire Harness, I get all kinds of harnesses for older trucks.

Can anyone tell me the whole part number?

Also, can anyone with OEM fog lights on their truck look quick under the front bumper & see where they plug in to? I'm pretty sure I know where it is & in the document linked above, page 5 shows it... Connector C134.

Thanks in advance!

CallMeColt

Reaction score
Funny... after typing all of that & almost giving up my search... found what I think the proper part number is. BC3Z-15A211-A. Figured I would share if anyone else found themselves looking.

I'm going to continue to look & see if I can find just the connector itself, so I can make my own wires.

CallMeColt

Reaction score
If you already have OEM fog lights in place & want to change to LED ones such as the new line at Harbor Freight Tools, you'd need an H10 to Deutsc DT. This way you don't need to make any of your own wires... plug at play. They make these pigtail adapters in dual as well, so you can plug into your OEM harness & then have 2 plugs on each side for a total of 4 lights. I was able to find them on eBay for $10-$15 depending if you want single or double & how long you want them.

CallMeColt

Reaction score
Alright, so I was able to figure out just the part number for the pigtail I needed as I talked about above. Motorcraft WPT1171. I am finding it for $38+, so it seems that the entire harness part I found & put in post #2 is the better option. For a few dollars more, you can get the pigtail with wires & H10 connectors right near the OEM fog light position.

My truck did have a WPT1171 connector as a "protective cap" as described in the installation document I shared in post #1. It looks like I could take it apart & make my own connections in there so I don't really need to buy anything. Will post an update if this works & how to do it.

CallMeColt

Reaction score
One last parts search update.

The protective cap in place is an actual connector & Motorcraft sells Terminal Repair Kits to replace/add single wires in a connector. I didn't dig deep enough to find the exact one I needed. Prices were ranging from $5-$25.

The most cost effective was to go with the part I posted in post #2. I ended up getting it for $22 from the Ford Parts website.

At that price, it makes sense because it comes plug in ready & at the perfect length to reach to each side of the fron't bumper. Comes wrapped & with mounting points.

I purchased some of the double adapter pigtails I mentioned in post #3 so everything will be plug & play.

Once I get everything hooked up, I will share some pictures. I'm planning to install 2 flood light RoadShock 3in LED cubes from Harbor Freight tools. I have a Ranch Hand front bumper. Going to see if I can also fit some spot light ones next to them on each side.

CallMeColt

Reaction score
I got all the parts in & wired everything up. Works great! Will take some pictures in the daylight tomorrow. Maybe a video.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Thanks for the rundown of parts. I am looking to add some fog lights to my truck. We are moving out to the middle of nowhere and want some extra lighting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CallMeColt

Reaction score
Thanks for the rundown of parts. I am looking to add some fog lights to my truck. We are moving out to the middle of nowhere and want some extra lighting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Glad it could help you out. I figured putting all the information in one spot would be helpful.

I made a video today with how the install went on my truck, parts used, & what not. I live out in the middle of nowhere as well & our internet is terrible, so it's going to take forever to upload but when it's done, I'll share it here.

CallMeColt

Reaction score
I ended up getting an OHP ELM 327 OBDII to USB wire & used FORScan to enable Bambi mode to solve the issue of no fog lights with high beams on. All kinds of other small things you can do as well with the modulus in the truck with the software.

Latest posts

Members online