2000 coil spring swap......help!

keroseneburner

Reaction score
Deep into a suspension swap on my 2000psd. I have a complete front from an 08. So far it has gone fairly smooth with the coil buckets and control arm mounts lining up in current frame holes. The track arm mount is the issue...the old one is too far in, the new one does not mount properly as the frame has a different shape in that area. What are you doing for this? Does someone make a prefab mount?

Thanks in advance

Addicted4

Reaction score
Use a 05-07 track bar bracket and drill two holes in the frame and two in the engine crossmember. I just did my swap and I’ve done another Superduty and a obs with no issues

Addicted4

Reaction score
Yes, and you have to use a 05-07 sway bar with 08-10 end links. You can’t not use a 08-10 sway bar as it’s too long

Addicted4

Reaction score
I’m using the brake lines from the truck and just reshaping them to make them work

keroseneburner

Reaction score
If you need anymore help just ask.

Thanks! I got an 06 track bar mount at the junkyard today. Bolted right up (after drilling a few hole...of course). I got a sway bar off the same vehicle and that thing is skinny. Compared to my 99 and the 08...it appears to be 1/2 the diameter. This is a great “stay at home cause china flu” project. I am very excited to see how much better it turns....previously it was like turning a school bus 😆

keroseneburner

Reaction score
You had to drill holes for the sway bar?

Had to drill a couple for the track bar mount. You would happen to have a pic of your swaybar by chance? Mine is installed and I am 99% sure it is correct, just want to verify

Thanks for all of your help

Addicted4

Reaction score
I don’t have one in cause I don’t have the 05-07 sway bar, I have an 08-10 and it’s too long, that’s why I told you about the differences in sway bars and end links.

keroseneburner

Reaction score
Finished up a couple days ago. Did a tape measure alignment and got the toe set 1/8” until I can get an alignment. Other than a hub stuck in 4x4 all is great! Thanks for your help!!

rescuejg

Reaction score
Confirm, I need to use the original trucks brake hose to caliper and not the ones that are on my 07 axle?

Did you guys swap the master cylinder to a larger bore (like from a 2008)?

Latest posts

Members online