ANYONE have good results from the Steed Speed Manifolds yet?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I am just wondering if anyone has had good results yet from the Steed Speed manifolds yet with a 6.4. Any tests or results would be great to see. Guys please share what we know thus far please.

Wayne

Reaction score
Who goes to that much work to only change manifolds, and have data to back it up? I can only think of one person so far. I seriously doubt you will get clear additional feedback beyond dillehay's test results until we do more manifold specific testing.

steedspeed

Reaction score
I've spent all week trying to gather feedback to try and get a clear picture of what is going on. Some customers have fantastic results and some have just a good result but not really huge gains that they can feel, more lowered egts and better fuel mileage. Mikes truck managed to lose power yet others feel a huge improvement in throttle response. It seems to me that the VGT turbos have a big say in what is going on and also I have noticed that the guys having good results are not using wastegates. I'm going to rely more on feedback on non vgt trucks to gauge the effectiveness of the manifolds themselves. I'm also making some different designs this weekend to see if they change anything.

Smokyred

Reaction score
Who goes to that much work to only change manifolds, and have data to back it up? I can only think of one person so far. I seriously doubt you will get clear additional feedback beyond dillehay's test results until we do more manifold specific testing.

Wayne, you guys need an engine dyno! I can't imagine swapping parts back and forth on a truck, an engine in a dyno cell would be so much easier!

Dave

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I've spent all week trying to gather feedback to try and get a clear picture of what is going on. Some customers have fantastic results and some have just a good result but not really huge gains that they can feel, more lowered egts and better fuel mileage. Mikes truck managed to lose power yet others feel a huge improvement in throttle response. It seems to me that the VGT turbos have a big say in what is going on and also I have noticed that the guys having good results are not using wastegates. I'm going to rely more on feedback on non vgt trucks to gauge the effectiveness of the manifolds themselves. I'm also making some different designs this weekend to see if they change anything.

Leen -

I wish the results had gone the other way. That being said , I think focusing on the non-vgt will put the emphasis on the minority in a huge way. I love your manifolds but in this case they just didn't work. I think if you and Tadd take the time together I think positive results will come. You have the ability to do anything , so I think with a bit of problem solving it will happen , as quality is not In question. Thanks for everything , hope we get a solution.

steedspeed

Reaction score
Leen -

I wish the results had gone the other way. That being said , I think focusing on the non-vgt will put the emphasis on the minority in a huge way. I love your manifolds but in this case they just didn't work. I think if you and Tadd take the time together I think positive results will come. You have the ability to do anything , so I think with a bit of problem solving it will happen , as quality is not In question. Thanks for everything , hope we get a solution.

I'm just thinking that a big single set up will at least show what the manifold does by itself without anything else changing the dynamics.

Like i said, my biggest problem this week is that the feedback is all over the place and isn't giving me a clear picture. I'm going to make another set over the weekend which Elite will test and hopefully they solve the issue.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Leen -

I agree with this 100%.... Esp with all of the elite set ups available, and high elevation guys, and street trucks, more people opt for vgt set ups than anything. There is only a small percentage of people that have these single set ups or custom non vgt compounds. Mainly due to lack of availability and kits. I would tend to the vgt population before you worried too much about others.

steedspeed

Reaction score
Not saying I would ignore that market. Just want a test which just evaluates the manifolds with a simple turbo. For that matter, is anyone running them with a big single?

Wayne

Reaction score
Not saying I would ignore that market. Just want a test which just evaluates the manifolds with a simple turbo. For that matter, is anyone running them with a big single?

I see what you're trying to achieve, but the only trucks running a big single are dedicated race or sled pull trucks, and customers filled with buyers remorse. If this is your only market then you can definitely count out me and 99% of your other potential customers. I'm hoping you will evaluate and validate your manifolds on trucks that the average performance enthusiast uses.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I agree. If we do see some vgt results I am out as well. I will never have a non vgt setup on my truck. Not because they are bad or anything, I just like Elites turbos and that is what this cat is going to run.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
If we don't see some results for the vgts I'm out. Sorry about the prior post.

dstryr

Reaction score
As much as I feel they should have tested more before released ...it has been a week since the dyno results. Have some patience.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Alight I will cool my jets on this one for a little bit. Would love to hear the tests results as they are completed.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i think leen is starting with the single crowd, to get the manifold more dialed into the motor, then will take that and apply to the vgt crowd.

thats what i got from his "simple turbo" comment.

start simple and get complex.

dstryr

Reaction score
i think leen is starting with the single crowd, to get the manifold more dialed into the motor, then will take that and apply to the vgt crowd.

thats what i got from his "simple turbo" comment.

start simple and get complex.

What is the ruling on a refund for the manifolds?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.