DPC Round Two: Going for Broke

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Well it is that time of year again and the time is rapidly approaching. This year we did trans upgrades, drive line upgrades, bottom end and turbos. I have a feeling I used up all my luck last year with out breaking anything. Some say I should have left well enough alone and they have a good point but homie don't roll like that. LOL

I wanted something that ran much cooler on egts with the fuel I was using and could tow like a mother and not worry about it. I also did not want to watch my egt's when ripping in the dunes, after a beer or two I don't seem to pay attention to that chit. :doh: I also didn't want to rely on spray with every event either.

So I went with Carillo rods, stage 1+ cam, 150hp injectors and a 98mm stuffed in front of a slightly different 76mm and the 62vgt.

Tadd has been taking pics as the motor is finally coming together and will be posting. I think most know what set up I ran with last year, but if you aren't sure just ask and I will try to remember what it was. LOL

Some of the upgrades may not be needed, but I don't plan on going though this damn motor any time soon again.

Last edited:

java

Reaction score
I saw some pics on FB, good luck this year!! Everything looks awesome!

Wayne

Reaction score
Maybe I'm a little too involved with the drivetrain mods, but I'm really diggin' the new lights and bumpers. :clapping:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Nice! Still gonna run spray on the dyno or all fuel?

haha, good question. I am leaning towards spraying on the dyno to try and put up a number those other boys will have to notice. The system is there so we shall see.

MINK

Reaction score
Spray it!!...who can say no to a dyno with a 300hp correction factor b/s lol

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
That would be badass if you get it 2 years in a row. But it would be Nice to see what mikeys green thing can do since he was down last year right before.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Maybe I'm a little too involved with the drivetrain mods, but I'm really diggin' the new lights and bumpers. :clapping:

107678[/ATTACH]"]http://
IMG_20130408_162459_335_zps61bda17d.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20130408_162459_335_zps61bda17d.jpg
    IMG_20130408_162459_335_zps61bda17d.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 35

Danny26

Reaction score
haha, good question. I am leaning towards spraying on the dyno to try and put up a number those other boys will have to notice. The system is there so we shall see.

Spray it! :rockon: Get one of Waynes 2.5ms tunes and a bunch of spray and you should hit 3000 ft-lbs on the ATS dyno!!!!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Triple compounds... That is what I like to see!!! I to would like to know what you are aiming for, for fuel only numbers.

Very nice Eric!!!!

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Spray it! :rockon: Get one of Waynes 2.5ms tunes and a bunch of spray and you should hit 3000 ft-lbs on the ATS dyno!!!!

It will be a jets like last year if/when we do. Two stages progressively applied, the safest way in my eyes to go about it.
We haven't talked about the tuning yet but we'll get there.

Got any pics of your turbo set up?

LOL no, not on the truck yet.

Erik what is slightly different with the 76/62

I believe the wheels are different and bigger housing. I can't remember that stuff. lol One of the brains that be will chime in soon I am sure.

As far as hp numbers and what I expect? No clue, I will know when she gets on the dyno and we tune it. More than 775hp though. LOL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.