Got a good deal on a 1990 low mile 7.3 IDI

Dzlnut

Reaction score
I found a good deal on a truck the other day, it is out of state and I'm leaving today to go get it. I found a 1990 with 139k and the engine only has 39k. The truck is a CCLB, XLT, 5 speed 4x4, with 7.3. The body is pretty good with a few dings in the bed. The truck belongs to a farmer that retired it a few years ago, he got a new truck years ago and none of his guys would drive this one cause it was too long.

I'll post pictures up this week.

Fordguy100

Reaction score
You lucky SOB, you get a Dana 60 with it!

Glow plugs arent much of a problem (anymore than using autolites in OBS 7.3 PSD's). Let us know how it runs, what MPG's it gets on the way back, and any smoke.

How much are you paying for it?

Jason

Reaction score
Sweet score. I have a huge softspot for those year trucks in cclb 4 wheel drive configuration. Growing up, a neighbor had one that was red, lifted, and then a black 92 cclb 4x4 5speed at the same time...lifted also...two sweet rides.

Dzlnut

Reaction score
I am pulling it back on a trailer, it has set for years so I hope to get it going this weekend. The guy I got it from is extremely trustworthy and assured me it ran like a champ when parked. I bought it for 500.00 by the way.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
My brothers 93 has been sitting almost as long as my truck. Kept getting air after it started, then died, then wouldn't start. Took tank out and now she sits.

Dzlnut

Reaction score
a2ezu4e6.jpg
ege9ybys.jpg
e7yba7e7.jpg

It runs like a champ... Batteries and bled the fuel system. The guy said it had set for years. Heck ya!!!!

Dzlnut

Reaction score
I may put a 93 turbo motor in it . Basically I just plan to go over it and get it whipped back into a reliable daily driver so I have a extra vehicle. I'm fairly new to the ford idi so I have a lot to learn

ajfetterman

Reaction score
Hell I was reading through this and I was thinking, why does this guy keep commenting back and forth with himself? I then saw the different names and realized that your pictures are about the school shooting........boy do I feel like an a$$.

BigTonka

Reaction score
Hell I was reading through this and I was thinking, why does this guy keep commenting back and forth with himself? I then saw the different names and realized that your pictures are about the school shooting........boy do I feel like an a$$.

LOLLOL:pointlaugh::toast:

bad12jr

Reaction score
I was doing it on another thread earlier. I can't tell what the pic was in tapatalk. Looks like an awesome truck. I'd of jumped all over it.

Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

Latest posts

Members online