Thank you Gearhead!

Pigman

Reaction score
I want to give a huge thanks to Matt and Lars! The process of ordering my chip couldn't have been easier and although there was a small issue while installing it, Lars made it right in no time.

I called Lars last Thursday to see if I could order a Hydra chip and asked if I could just pick it up in person. I told him I could pick it up at anytime(I was thinking sometime in the next week or two) and he responded with "I'll have it ready by 5:30." This was at 3:30! So I picked it up at 5:30 and went home to install it and ran into an issue. I hooked everything up and turned the key on and the screen was displaying "11", the CEL was on, the truck wouldn't start, and the chip wouldn't switch tunes at all. After removing and reinstalling the PCM and chip several times with no luck, I decided to wait until Monday to call Lars and see if he could help figure out the problem. I called him at 1:30, explained the problem, and he told me to come over ASAP. I got to the house 15 minutes later and Lars had diagnosed and fixed the problem in less than 30 minutes. Turns out one end of the cable wasn't pulled all the way through the connector which wasn't Gearhead's fault at all. Lars gave me a new cable free of charge, made sure the chip was functioning properly, and even offered to test drive the truck to make sure it actually was working correctly. I can't say enough about how impressed I am with the CS.

Regarding the tunes...all I can say is WOW! I've had a DP F5 for the past year and thought the tunes were good. There is absolutely no comparison. Now that I have Matt's tunes I can tell that the DP had WAY too much fuel in the low end. I used to hate passing people because after a certain point the truck would just stop gaining speed no matter how far I pressed the pedal. Now with Matt's tunes, the farther I press the pedal the faster I go... which is the way it should be! Also, Matt's All-Out tune smokes at least 50% LESS than DP's 80 economy tune. I might get Matt to tweak the shift points a little bit on a couple of the tunes but other than that I have ZERO complaints.

Quality products attract customers but customer service KEEPS customers. Y'all are definitely not lacking in either of these qualities. Once again, thank you Matt and Lars!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.