6.0 MPG increase???

Atsah

Reaction score
I don't expect it in the city. I drove all highway last night and got 16.8 over close to 100 miles round trip. I filled up at the same station I always do and filled up again at the same staion and pump stoped at the first click same as earlier. I kept it at 70 with cruise on the whole way getting passed the entire time. No flats roads around here either you are going up a hill or down a hill. I still think it can better with some work.

My guess would be that 16.8 is not bad with the way your truck is setup..

Betarocker

Reaction score
To get the best fuel economy, it is important to calibrate and adjust the nut behind the steering wheel. LOL

I get the best and worst mileage running a race tune, just depends on the aforementioned nut.

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
Innovative Diesel or Gearhead would be your best bet for tuners, the hottest tunes will yield you the best MPG if you drive it normal, if you drive a hot tune like its a hot tune then you will obviously do worse.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Just something for you to note buddy. I didn't ask you what I should drive to work every day. I asked how to get better mileage from my truck.
If you don't have any suggestions on better fuel economy then don't throw in your 2 cents.

I did add useful information in my first couple posts. The last post I made that got you all bent outta shape was a comment on what I experienced with my friends truck. I told him exactly that "If you are worried about fuel economy then drive something else for the eight minute commute."

As long as you threw down the gauntlet, its true, what I said. If you cant get decent mileage and your truck is in top running condition then you dont know how to drive for economy.

No mods are necessary for optimal fuel economy!! You dont need high flowing exhaust or intakes for low gas flow rates. As atsah said, if you are gettin 12 in that truck something is wrong with it or you arent driving it sensibly.

You've been given all the advice you need for fuel economy. Put a brick under that small pedal. Done and done!

Since you asked politely, and I already gave you the BEST advice you're going to get on bumping your fuel economy up and you asked me so nicely to butt out I will...................................

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
My hottest tune gets me the best mileage AS LONG AS I drive it normally. It's really easy to get carried away with the power and the mileage goes out the window. I could get upwards of 20mpg's before my toolbox got loaded and my foot got heavy.LOL

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
I see close to 19mpg if I drive 60-65. Around 16 normal hiway speeds. The tuner isn't going to make that big of a difference. The power is great but that is about all your going to get. 1-2mpg isn't much given the amout of travel you do for the cost. Have you changed your fuel filters since purchase?

ezzyke

Reaction score
I changed all the filters and fluids the day after I bought it. I am super crazy about running good synthetic fluids. Fuel filters only have a 7k miles on then now. I am in the process of finding a new car for my fiancee as a wedding present so we will have something that gets decent mileage to go out of town in.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Ive been thinkin about a set of 155's and a Batmowheel, not for mileage, but for a touch more power. A mileage increase would be a bonus.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
The power and response from a truck we just did with 165s and batmowheel is amazing

ezzyke

Reaction score
Here where I am in Georgia you are either going up a hill or down one. Not allot of flat land except down at the river.

Latest posts

Members online