What oil and coolant you guys run in the 6.0?

Keanoknick

Reaction score
I'm not sure why, but Everyone I've ever known of that tried it in a 6.0 was not happy. However I know several people that run schaeffers in a 7.3 and love it. The 6.0 is a picky motor.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I'm not sure why, but Everyone I've ever known of that tried it in a 6.0 was not happy. However I know several people that run schaeffers in a 7.3 and love it. The 6.0 is a picky motor.

It wasn't worth it when I ran it in my
6.0 at the end I eventually went back to what it was use to from day one and thats all motor craft fluids

slc6oh

Reaction score
I think really this us one subject that there are several great choices. Being a heui engine, its likely a bit more picky than some other makes, but at the end of it all making sure its changed on time, every time is the most important thing..

Last winter and after i did my head studs i was running delo le 5w40, (although its never had any start issues) now that its hot out i figured id switch to regular ole delo le 15w-40, not a single change in anything has been noticed. And just happened walmart had it for 28$ for a 2.5gal jug...

I work on over the road diesel engines (although common rail) they run 50k mi oil changes on , our house oil (mobile 1 15w40 something) or delo 15w40, or delvac 1300 super, or whatever really and i dont think myself or any of the other engine guys could tell you one time they have seen an engine failure due to poor oil quality.

Im runnin rotella elc nf for coolant as are a few buddies if mine here local as its free for me, none with any issues

ja_cain

Reaction score
Good thread even though it might be old. Interested to see if any opinions have changed after all of these years. I have a friend that just picked up a 6oh and trying to steer him in the right direction on lubricants for this platform.

slc6oh

Reaction score
I will say, sense changing from 5w40 delo synthetic to delo 15w40 dyno oil, runs just the same, starts just the same, engines no louder, but I'm seeing roughly 2mpg loss. less its another variable that I'm not noticing... just two tanks I'm down on mpg, only thing I can think is the oil.

Corys6.0

Reaction score
I need to do an oil change and am torn what to run. Definitely need to get the green crappy coolant out and switch over to Red Cat ELC.

Atsah

Reaction score
I need to do an oil change and am torn what to run.

Try any of the 5w40 full synthetic's of your choosing (T6, Motorcraft, Mobil 1 etc) and see how she likes it..

The thing about the 6.0 is one oil does not run well in all trucks so what one truck runs well on might run like crap in your truck so take your pick, try something that you can pick up locally at a decent price and see what happens..

kmanxj

Reaction score
Anybody run the Ford super duty 10w-30? Local diesel tech at the ford dealer said that's what they put in all of the diesel they change the oil on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eng53ine

Reaction score
Dead thread revival, is delo 400le now 400xsp? The reason for dropping to 5w40 for better cold starts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online