Remove bottom fat spring with 4400 5.4's ?

What to do...

• Option 1 4800 5.4s

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Option 2 4400 5.4s

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Stock

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

madman1234509

Reaction score
I havent put them on the truck yet. Just got the springs like 3 weeks ago and the truck was in storage until I recently sold it. But from what I understand 4800 is a good middle of the road. You dont need to trim the bump stops near as much, and from what I head it rides really nice. People have said a few times with that spring and no rear block its atleast 1" lower than stock and is pretty level. I really like the look of low wide trucks lately

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
I havent put them on the truck yet. Just got the springs like 3 weeks ago and the truck was in storage until I recently sold it. But from what I understand 4800 is a good middle of the road. You dont need to trim the bump stops near as much, and from what I head it rides really nice. People have said a few times with that spring and no rear block its atleast 1" lower than stock and is pretty level. I really like the look of low wide trucks lately

Same here just ordered the 4800 s and a 40 dollar cup holder insert haha... I'm. Guessing we will need new u bolts right, what are you getting? Hopping to have before and after pics next weekend with measurements.

sootie

Reaction score
you may be able to get away dimensionally without changing the u-bolts. its up to you if you are comfortable re-torquing them.

powr2stroke

Reaction score
On my truck I pulled the block and the overload . I also tried it with fat bottom leaf out also but it sat really low in the back so I put it back in .

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
You asked about my setup with the 4400lb springs and no block. I would call it a 2/2 drop. Basically 2 full inches with the rear blocks removed and I would say after the springs settled, it was about a full 2" of drop up front as well. My truck had the factory stance, but lowered. Hopefully that makes sense.

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
On my truck I pulled the block and the overload . I also tried it with fat bottom leaf out also but it sat really low in the back so I put it back in .

Good to know. New u bolts right?

You asked about my setup with the 4400lb springs and no block. I would call it a 2/2 drop. Basically 2 full inches with the rear blocks removed and I would say after the springs settled, it was about a full 2" of drop up front as well. My truck had the factory stance, but lowered. Hopefully that makes sense.

Yeah it does so 4800 should be about perfect or level as your going to get. Thanks

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
springs are cheap. this isnt something anyone needs to put a crazy amount of thought. i actually like the idea of cutting the springs to keep the same weight.

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
springs are cheap. this isnt something anyone needs to put a crazy amount of thought. i actually like the idea of cutting the springs to keep the same weight.

I understand where you are coming from but I like to do things once and right the first time. I just want to make sure its level and maybe rides better. I learn from other peoples mistakes and measure twice :thumbup:

MorganM

Reaction score

Do you have an estimate for how much to trim? Is one coil 2"?

Is 3" the maximum drop affordable in the front?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I understand where you are coming from but I like to do things once and right the first time. I just want to make sure its level and maybe rides better. I learn from other peoples mistakes and measure twice :thumbup:

I'll go ahead and tell you from experience....:lookaround:

....4800lb springs and no rear block will be VERY level.

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
I'll go ahead and tell you from experience....:lookaround:

....4800lb springs and no rear block will be VERY level.

I like the stock stance with the ass up some but level is just as good. Really don't care for ass lower than front. the crew cab steams to be more flexible you really have to try to mess up the look.

Latest posts

Members online