Afe torque converter or turbo?

Gmoney69

Reaction score
Hey guys been reading for a while on here and finally sighned up.
My question is, do you think it would be more beneficial to install an afe converter or save up some more $$$ for a 15' turbo? I know they're two totally doffernt parts , but afe claims up to 1 sec off 0-60 , that's huge imo and I could do that sooner than a bigger turbo. I'm just not sure .. Sorry for the noob question.

I dd the truck and use it for towing , but also like to play.. .2013 6.7l Upgrades as of now are h&s canned tunes soon to be gearhead I think. Deleted. S&b intake, Egr blocked off and h&s filter conversion. Thanks in advance

Gmoney69

Reaction score
Would put the money on a single kit or the 2015.. Trust me you can put a converter but you're still gonna lose.

Thanks. I was looking at the billet 2015 turbo. But if
The 2015 trucks are going
To be tunable w delete maybe I'll just wait and do that.

Dantron

Reaction score
Thanks. I was looking at the billet 2015 turbo. But if
The 2015 trucks are going
To be tunable w delete maybe I'll just wait and do that.
I read the turbo is the only genuine change on the 2015 trucks. You can make your 2013 equivalent to a 2015 by upgrading the turbo. You should consider a 2017 if you plan to trade in on a new truck.

Gmoney69

Reaction score
I read the turbo is the only genuine change on the 2015 trucks. You can make your 2013 equivalent to a 2015 by upgrading the turbo. You should consider a 2017 if you plan to trade in on a new truck.[/

why 2017? Haven't heard anything on those or 16? So you think turbo over converter absolutely ? Anyone else ?

Dantron

Reaction score
I have no advice on the torque converter vs new turbo question. I think a new turbo is an awesome upgrade, but expensive as hell. In regards to the 2017, they're suppose to be coming out with a complete remodel. The 2015 is the same model, except for the different turbo.

sootie

Reaction score
get the billet 2015 turbo upgrade kit from Morgan @ Midwest diesel. couple that with gearhead custom tunes and that will be money well spent. forget the torque convertor

Gmoney69

Reaction score
I guess the stock converter isn't really that bad? And that's the kit I was looking at. Billet 2015

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I guess the stock converter isn't really that bad? And that's the kit I was looking at. Billet 2015

you wont make enough power even with a big turbo to phase the converter. its fine.

Gmoney69

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! That's what I really wanted to hear :). Now I'll keep my eye on that turbo kit. Stock fuel will do w a bigger turbo?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks a lot! That's what I really wanted to hear :). Now I'll keep my eye on that turbo kit. Stock fuel will do w a bigger turbo?

up to about 525 yes. then you gotta go to dual pumps. let me know if I can help you out with turbo choice.

Gmoney69

Reaction score
I'll pm you now. Thanks for all of
Your help so far. Really do appreciate it.

Latest posts

Members online