NEW 6.0 owner .Shop trying to overcharge

powerstrokenit

Reaction score
I am a new 6.0 owner, but I researched a bunch on what was needed to make my truck more reliable. So I took it in to a local shop and they just seem to be overcharging me...I have attached the invoices. the $3300 invoice is to my warranty co. the $1500 invoice is to me. Please let me know if you think this is a fair price...also they had my truck for over 3 weeks...

Any input would be great.

All I really wanted was ARP head studs, egr delete ..and the bill is over 5k

Attachments

• Absolute Powerstroke invoice.pdf
    633.3 KB · Views: 197

co04cobra

Reaction score
I didn't read through the invoice that well, but 4-5K for HG and stub job is on par IMO.

Also, for most diesel shops that do quaility work, geting your truck back in 3 weeks would be considered fast.

Reaction score
I didn't read through the invoice that well, but 4-5K for HG and stub job is on par IMO.

Also, for most diesel shops that do quaility work, geting your truck back in 3 weeks would be considered fast.

I'd have to agree. Make sure they had the heads check for warping or cracks. Also, see if they replaced the oil cooler and did the upgraded STC fitting on your HPOP. Other than that..... pretty much on point with the price.

Irontx

Reaction score

Really?!?!?! I paid $5100..... that was WITH 2 new Ford oem heads...... @$1200 a pop..... the 3 weeks seems pretty good though....

co04cobra

Reaction score
Really?!?!?! I paid $5100..... that was WITH 2 new Ford oem heads...... @$1200 a pop..... the 3 weeks seems pretty good though....

So you got new heads, oil cooler, machine work, egr delete, and studs installed for $5100?

On the invoice it has machine work for the heads, studs, oil cooler, coolant, diesel fuel, etc.. etc...It is right on par with what it costs to do it without new heads IMO.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score

THIS

Until those heads are off there is no telling how big of a chunk you will most likely be dishing out. I have never ever sent out a pair of heads and had them both return.

powerstrokenit

Reaction score
No the quote does not include new heads . he wanted over $995 for head machine work. My warranty company said they were gauging as should only cost $180 per head

powerstrokenit

Reaction score
The 3 weeks would not have been so bad. But I got the truck back with a cheap ic pipe which popped off after 20miles ..bolts missing everywhere parts they charged for not on the truck. All of my plastic clips broken, fan guard missing etc

Latest posts

Members online