6.0 zf6 builds! What's your setup?

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Does anyone know if mpd does live tuning? That's the only diesel shop I know of around me

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Innovative does. If you're close to mpd then you aren't that far from idp. They're in elkton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strokin89

Reaction score
Innovative does. If you're close to mpd then you aren't that far from idp. They're in elkton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha really I didn't know that. I only knew about mpd and confederate. May have to stop by there

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Ha really I didn't know that. I only knew about mpd and confederate. May have to stop by there

Erase confederate from your mind lol... Give IDP a call

Strokin89

Reaction score
Yea I've heard that that's why I've never been there hahaha

william_ace

Reaction score
Oh god, I'll bet that thing runs like **** right now! Have you done anything in terms of oil? Even if you aren't dropping fuel pressure and everything seems fine on a WOT run, Taylor said he felt a tremendous difference when he added the Thumper pump. You guys have almost identical setups (minus the transmission)

Can't wait to see what it does when you get it live tuned!

Haha it runs okay. A little warm and smokey for my liking, and stupid quick. I haven't done anything in the way of oil yet. It's holding icp on WOT runs, but I would still like to try some sort of dual oil setup.

Last edited:

djberg

Reaction score
so i haven't been around for a bit but stumbled across this thread and yeah i think i can add a bit.

truck currently: stock sticks deleted and all that jazz, driven regulated fuel, raptor pump pushing the stock system, barder stg 2,southbend dd(awesome), php ficm tuner, play tunes by sinister, php(140x), and gearhead(slr++). fun little set up for sure.

as to my experience, as has been stated before go way bigger than you think on the clutch rating, i have a 1950 cbk sitting in my basement. as for turbos right now i would say my 04.5 stocker with the batmo spooled faster than my barder(lit at like 16-1700 vs pretty much 2000 with the barder, though i have either a bent push rod or two or a unked lifter chewing on my cam, i'll find out in a bit), but this is on stock sticks, also may i add the barder keeps the egts way lower than the stocker, i've had up to 18k behind it running the atlas 40 stacked on the 65hp tow can tune and have yet to break 1300deg.

as far as tuning goes i personally love the php140x stacked on the herculies, but that is a bit smokey.

as for my personal dream to build for a zf6... :D:D:D

throw the batteries behind the seats, spin the manifolds around to face to the front, and in each battery location a compund set up from a vt275... cross the up pipes, a pair of aftermarket full aluminum accura integra intercoolers since they would be the same size as a single stock intercooler, dual hpops, 225/100's, and dual exhausts... wish it would run cool enough to tow heavy with but i'm doubting that.... already set up compunds but twinned... i will build one one day, just gotta sorce some used turbos, the vt275 is either too reliable here in the states or they pretty much only sold over seas...

Strokin89

Reaction score
Sweet setup what is the php 140? Is this a step up from the Hercules?

djberg

Reaction score
The 140x is bills play/race /economy tune ecm wise. I Donni if you know or not depending on the ecm tuning you run, example gearheads tune likes the atlas 40, and a lot of big boy aftermarket tuning will run worse with the larger ficm tuning. Though I let a guy use my ficm tuner to pull with blast weekend and he ended up stacking the Hercules on his super panty dropper, said that gave him the most. So play around and see what you personally like power vs smoke vs egts.

djberg

Reaction score
Also the herculies is one of the ficm flash power levels. Aka economy, atlas 40hp, atlas 80hp, Hercules 100hp.the atlas tunes are towing ya know heavy or lighter.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Oh ok gotcha. Yea I've always heard with a hot ECM tune you want to run a atlas 40 or less.

djberg

Reaction score
Pretty much yeah, I had bill write my 140x to work tops with the Hercules, and it definitely does. Hell when I got my ficm tuner and was running the SCT performance stacked on the Hercules is when my 1950 cbk south bend started to slip. The ficm tuning really wakes up the bottom end, and also shift slow with the Hercules it will hold rpms a lot longer and spike them if you try to shift too fast.... Learned that the hard way... So now I can see what all the colt stage 2 has to offer :doh:

Strokin89

Reaction score
Anyone else with the gryphon ficm tuner have any input? I believe it will be next on my list

Strokin89

Reaction score
What tunes is everyone running? I have the TSD super panty dropper and love it but would like to try some other tunes

Strokin89

Reaction score
Is that innovatives hottest tune?

Strokin89

Reaction score
Oh ok gotcha

Strokin89

Reaction score
Are innovative tunes smokey?

Latest posts

Members online