6.0 zf6 builds! What's your setup?

Strokin89

Reaction score
Just wondering who all out there has a 6 speed behind there 6.0. What setup do you have and what kinda power are you making?

I'm planning on a build for mine next year just wanted to see what setups y'all had and how ya like them.

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

turboTwang6

Reaction score
Whelp....nothing special at all...but currently the only aftermarket stuff I have on the truck is a powermax with some tunes and a south bend DD. This winter its getting torn apart for studs and bigger injectors and a non-VGT.

What do you have in mind for your build so far?

Strokin89

Reaction score
Regulated return, fuel system ported intake manifold, 205-225 an thinkin bout a non vgt

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Strokin89

Reaction score
I've talked to a member on here with one he says with the t4 divided up pipes and proper tuning it's really not bad at all.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I guess you could just shift at a higher RPM? Not trying to make a suggestion of 6.4 turbo's but......... Wouldn't a compound setup with a nice small HP turbo that lites up quickly be good for a manual?

Strokin89

Reaction score
I've also wondered that also eventually I'd love to try compounds but there a little pricy

Strokin89

Reaction score
The compounds I've looked into before an all the piping. I remember back when I figured it all up it was a good bit cheaper to go with a 63-64mm non vgt that's with divided up pipes. Plus I love the sound of a non vgt 6.0 hahaha

Super Diesel

Reaction score
I'm running the MTW MadMax, Warren 190/75s, full fuel system, RR, DD Southbend Clutch, tunes by Drew at Backyard Performance, PHP's custom FICM tunes, as well as the usual intake, exhaust, etc...

Not sure what I'm putting down, haven't dynoed this setup yet.

Strokin89

Reaction score
That's a nice set up. Is the mad max a vgt?

william_ace

Reaction score
205/100s, barder 68mm, Oliver ported intake manifold with egr stuff deleted, CAI, 4" exhaust, dual disk clutch, fuel system, windrunner regulated return and up pipes. . . . . Etc etc.

Strokin89

Reaction score
205/100s, barder 68mm, Oliver ported intake manifold with egr stuff deleted, CAI, 4" exhaust, dual disk clutch, fuel system, windrunner regulated return and up pipes. . . . . Etc etc.

How do you like the 68? Does it spool well?

Strokin89

Reaction score
What dual disk is everyone running? Been looking at southbend. Also heard about valair and Phoenix friction.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Do you run a street clutch or competition?

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
A good friend has a zf6 truck. He's had a stock 05 turbo, 03 turbo, powermax, and 66 non vgt. He claims the 03 worked best for him. He has 190cc injectors and sprays when he pulls. He also says that when his truck is up in rpm its next to impossible to shift with his southbend competition clutch, he calls it the iron giant from southbend.

Strokin89

Reaction score
A good friend has a zf6 truck. He's had a stock 05 turbo, 03 turbo, powermax, and 66 non vgt. He claims the 03 worked best for him. He has 190cc injectors and sprays when he pulls. He also says that when his truck is up in rpm its next to impossible to shift with his southbend competition clutch, he calls it the iron giant from southbend.

What does he mean next to impossible to shift?

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
He told me that when hes at the line trying to build boost as rpm increases he can physically feel the clutch pedal being pushed back towards him. When hes above 2500 rpm he can yank on the shifter with 2 hands and it wont come out of gear. I've never drove his truck.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Wow that doesn't seem right

Latest posts

Members online