Extreme Studs 6.0 , 6.4 , 6.7 , 7.3

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i'm now a dealer for extreme studs, they do a lot in the medium duty and sled pulling market but now offer light duty studs. Made in America, they make them for pretty much everything. they are using h-13 tool steel and what i'm really liking is the final torque of 180 to achieve desired torque on the 6.4 studs. considering what is happening , and A-1 going out of business, this is a great and viable option for us. these are not 1722 , so they wont require over 250 lbs or more of final.

here is their description:

"Our studs are made from a fine grain, hi-strength - 240k tensile tool steel specifically designed for heavy duty, hi-shock applications (DIESELS). These would be comparable to any super hi-performance bolt or stud on the market today, many of which are selling for nearly twice as much. All of our studs, washers, and 12 point nuts are made in house! This is how we are able to build the highest quality, highest strength studs at a reasonable cost.
- Fine thread, 12 point, hardened flange nuts.
- Custom hardened flat washers
- Black oxide - for corrosion resistance
- Studs are hex'd on the end for easy installation"

pm me for price, but i think these are gonna work great.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Is anyone running them? Id like a little real world feed back first.

nobody i know. just cummins dudes. extreme builds them for big sled pullers and alcohol tractors. from what i know, they do a lot of custom fasteners.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
After cruising a few cummins forums those guys seem to relate these to h11 studs. Other than that there isnt much fuss over them. They are recommended more than ARP studs for those guys

i'm not metalurgist, but from what i have been told the h-13 is a much better material then 1722 .

Monster12valve

Reaction score
They appear to be stronger than the ARP's. Arp is rated to 190k psi these are 240k. I will be picking up a set here in a week or so. They have really good reviews from the cummins guys.

Latest posts

Members online