intercooler

wildbill963258

Reaction score
ok guys so i have an idea on how to integrate my 6.0l IC on my obs 7.3l intake im gonna try to flip the factory intake manifold around and run the hotside piping straight from the turbo to the IC and then from the IC coldside straight to the intake manifold there will more than likely be some pipe cutting and some pvc elbow joints from home depot or lowes or taylor's do it best center involved have you guys heard of anyone doing this before?

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Why not get an e99 intake spyder and get some intercooler pipes made up. That way it's not hacked together, and a lot easier to do. I've got an intake spyder sitting here ready to go if interested.

Sure for how much? The only reason I'm thinking of doing it that way is for I don't have a lot of money right now and I want my truck to be different and plus if I was successful at it I was gonna post it up for others to see so that I could help someone else out who dont have a lot of money either but if you can sell me yours for a decent price I'll change my mind

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Why not get an e99 intake spyder and get some intercooler pipes made up. That way it's not hacked together, and a lot easier to do. I've got an intake spyder sitting here ready to go if interested.

Plus my IC came with pipes that go to and from the IC all I have to do is is get the turbo and intake connected to those pipes

old man dave

Reaction score
Are you using a SD intercooler/pipes? You need to do a little modding to make the pipes work. You can use premade exhaust bends and cut sections to mod the SD pipes. You do not want any sharp bends like a 90* elbow, it really hinders flow.

Are the Spectre bends made for intake use? If so, they may not hold up under boost conditions.

superpsd

Reaction score
If you are truly on a budget one thing you can do is buy some purosil 7030 3" 3ply coolant hose in 3" diameter. It is sold by the foot and can be cut up to make couplers. T bolt clamps are best. On a stock low boost application worm clamps will hold but use a nut driver to tighten them up. Buy some mandrel bent pipe thru an online company (there's a few out there) then cut and weld them together. If you can't weld figure out the joints and Mark them good then take them to a weld shop.

Latest posts