What have you done to your powerstroke today?

Djmck832

Reaction score
Tried my hand at plastidip today. I was tired of looking at the chrome mirror caps! Lol
d46b9c0eedf278ca8ef77d79ccfa5faf.jpg

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

That looks great.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
How did you pull the caps off? Wouldn't mind tryin that on mine. Looks great!
Thank you! I used a short but wide flat screwdriver to pry it loose from the mirror. If you angle the mirror glass all the way down and look in the topside you can see 2 plastic tabs sticking down. This is the 2 top tabs on the cap.
3a77395c4886d1c137943c9a8a8f3a63.jpg
this is the tab here. You have to make sure to pry the black flat tab that is on the mirror down so the cap can be slid backwards and at an upward angle. I used the screwdriver on both sides of the outside to kinda wiggle it loose and get it moving. Then it just pops off. Be careful if it's cold the tabs will break!
That looks great.
Thank you!

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Took it apart.....

8d9518582aab09ad5b7d78ce7c859b08.jpg

#7 piston and cylinder

http://tapatalk.imack.com/v2/14/12/14/66ba8ddf778c1c35252882f6d0c4aab4.jpg[/I[IMG]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/14/3efb3ecb8f8db1330ddceb3f48a06ac3.jpgQUOTE]

damn man that sucks. ive been there also. may as well throw the whole gammot at it because it wont cost that much additional overall.

i saw your parts list earlier which looks good-if funds allow, add a cam and ported intake manifold.

and all i would stress is get your rods checked for straightness and inspect your front cover for cavitation because your there. replacing lifters is a given and sideaction diesel has just come out with some upgraded ones...[/QUOTE]

😔 that sucks man. How many miles on that motor and what tuner/file had the truck been on? Mine has 85k with the Spartan 250 file, egr/dpf delete and air filter. Don't beat on it at all really bc the clutch slips if I try lol I'm scared that when I get a clutch this will happen to me first time I roast the tires :/

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
😔 that sucks man. How many miles on that motor and what tuner/file had the truck been on? Mine has 85k with the Spartan 250 file, egr/dpf delete and air filter. Don't beat on it at all really bc the clutch slips if I try lol I'm scared that when I get a clutch this will happen to me first time I roast the tires :/

75k miles, tuned at 52k, h&s mini max hd300 ran pretty much every mile since deleted. Afe intake, stock downpipe to 4".... egr deleted, it's been ran pretty hard on occasion lol! It made some pretty good tq numbers on dyno 1272 ft lb and only 537 hp, but it has 3.31 gears with 33" tires so that low end tq gets used quite often. I'm sure the bottom end tq numbers played a big role in cracking the piston....

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Blew radiator hose off somehow, another $100 in CAT ELC and pedal to the metal once again... waiting for warmer weather and I'll inspect or replace that clip

Zaairman

Reaction score
Did you paint right over the rust?

POR-15 stands for Paint Over Rust, uh, 15 I guess. I wire wheeled everything I could, then used their rust prep, then painted with a roller and a brush. The underside of the cab/bed wasn't bad (no rust build up, pretty clean actually), the frame had normal scale rust.

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
POR-15 stands for Paint Over Rust, uh, 15 I guess. I wire wheeled everything I could, then used their rust prep, then painted with a roller and a brush. The underside of the cab/bed wasn't bad (no rust build up, pretty clean actually), the frame had normal scale rust.
A lot of people using por-15 have had bad results because they cleaned the surface too much. It really does a good job at biting onto rust.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Pulled the driver side head off late yesterday, all the pistons look good but Damn there a lot of cracks lol. Between valves, valve to glow plug... It's been toasty a time or 2.....

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
No it was not studded, never puked either. Well at least until it puked oil all over the underside lol. I had Valair ceramic dual disc in my 09 6.4 and loved it.

6fourstroker

Reaction score
No it was not studded, never puked either. Well at least until it puked oil all over the underside lol. I had Valair ceramic dual disc in my 09 6.4 and loved it.

Ha so all I need to worry about is the cracks! Lol

I'm torn between the valair and south bend dual discs