Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 2017+ 6.7 Aluminum Super Duty

Old 04-29-2018, 02:23 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Default Go faster engaged

I pulled the trigger and did the full D. E l ete on my new truck. Didnít go as smooth as I had hoped, so I have to give thanks to Mike and Jeff at No Limit Fabrication, for coming to my rescue at 7 pm on a Saturday. They quickly got the tunes lined out and didnít leave me hanging. All of the No Limit parts fit perfect and leak free. I went with darkside tunes, and well I have no doubt we will sort them out. The engine runs amazing, but the trans tuning leaves much to be desired. Probably mostly due to relearn.
Old 04-29-2018, 02:53 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

A whole lot of people came through for me and helped me through a jam tonight, and I greatly appreciate it. I don’t believe another person in the industry would have come through like Mike and Jeff from No Limit Fabrication on a Saturday evening. To be honest I figured I was screwed until Monday, but they came through.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:29 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Top notch customer service!, nice looking set up!
2012 CCLB Lariat/EZ Lynk/Tyrant Tunes/15+ turbo swap/5Ē flo pro/H&S upgraded silicone CAC pipe/No Limit stage 2 intake/Mishimoto primary rad./2.5Ē BDS leveling kit/Fox shocks & stabilizer/Ride Rite airbags/20Ē XD Grenades/35Ē RBP
Old 04-29-2018, 09:19 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

yeah buddy !! give the trans 100 miles or so, and if it doesnt feel perfect, let me know and we'll mess with it. Glad we were able to get you helped out , i was in the middle of a dinner party and just happened to check my phone! enjoy, and let me know if you need any more assistance !
H&S Motorsports / FASS Fuel Systems / Wilwood Brakes / Precision Turbo / Spearco / PMF Suspension / Midwest Diesel / Maryland Performance Diesel / Tyrant Tuning / PPEI / Chaos Tuning / GDP Tuning / TSD Tuning / PSP Diesel / ODawg's / Fleece / Wherli Custom Fab / ICON Vehicle Dynamics / Specialty Forged / American Force / KC Turbos / Flo Pro / MBRP / AFE Power / Ford Performance / AMP Research / King Shock Technology / Fox Racing Shocks / SOTA Offroad / Rigid Industries
Email for quickest response mike@nolimitdiesel.com or 1-800-581-8986
Old 05-02-2018, 12:13 PM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

I’ve drove it about 200 miles now. The shifting is much improved after relearn. There is more noticeable shifting flare between gears than stock. That may just be the nature of the beast, adding so much power in gears 1-3. They only sent me one transmission file. Jeff had said while talking on the phone there would be a few to try. Like one that had and early 2nd gear converter lockup. The only transmission file I have is just added line pressure based on the description.

The truck is so much more fun to drive, and have gained a solid 2 mpg. So when I say I gained 2 mpg....I actually gained more, because I can’t keep my foot out of the throttle now. Before I would milk it for everything I could. Now I flog on it frequently. After the new wears off and I drive it more sensibly, I’m sure that number will be a 3-4 mpg gain.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:01 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

You should have no flare between shifts. I would make sure that gets corrected unless you’re ok with building a transmission sooner than later. Hopefully they have a file with improved shift timing instead of just bumping the line pressure.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:18 PM
General
Member's Gallery

I've heard that the adaptive memory needs to be cleared with ids when switching tunes and shifting is much improved
Old 05-04-2018, 12:54 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

In my opinion the shifts are too firm with too much flare. The engine revs a bit followed by a fairly harsh clunking shift. It’s the worst at full throttle, and honestly I’ve learned not to take it past 3/4 throttle. Half to 3/4 throttle runs as hard and shifts better and sooner which also seems to help. The pavement was wet today as it rained some, and that really messed with it. No traction and traction control kicking in. Don’t get me wrong, I’m loving the change. Just want to get it spot on perfect. But even after 200+ miles it just seems to keep getting better about not acting dumb.
Old 05-04-2018, 01:00 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sootie View Post
I've heard that the adaptive memory needs to be cleared with ids when switching tunes and shifting is much improved
You have spoken over my head. Iím not much of a computer guy. Just an old school machinist with a knack for welding. With some interpretation and minor coaching Iím sure I can manage to do what you just said, but at the moment Iím striking out on google and donít know myself.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:16 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by qzillanut View Post
You have spoken over my head. Iím not much of a computer guy. Just an old school machinist with a knack for welding. With some interpretation and minor coaching Iím sure I can manage to do what you just said, but at the moment Iím striking out on google and donít know myself.
Ids is ford dealer software. They can go in and clear the transmissions adaptive memory. Don't let them flash the TCM though