Wiring Harness removal after ecm block off

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Hello guys, got the blank ecm connector to plug up the right most connector when looking at the firewall. I am wanting to pull the entire harness related to weight reducing efforts on the passenger side of the truck. Any special tips to getting this off with least effort or fckn things up? thank

Swaan

Reaction score
That whole entire harness might weigh a couple pounds?

But if you set on doing it then it's just a matter of doing it. Nothing really to look out for. Just start from the front work your way back

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Is it it's own harness?? I didn't commit to memory since most of those bundles are interwoven to a certain degree. I thought I was lucky to get the DEF harness out of there. The main connector is on the left side while it runs over to the right. SO that would say there's a portion of the emissions harness that splits and runs to the ***/SCR, then runs to the DEF tank area.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Sure you can disconnect the PCM connector, but remove that connector and wire bundle thru out the whole truck harness?? The DEF tank is one one side, ***/SCR on the other.....that emissions bundle splits somewhere near the motor.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
haven't attempted it yet, I have been doing brake work on my days off. I'll try to get on it asap and post some pics.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Hello guys, got the blank ecm connector to plug up the right most connector when looking at the firewall. I am wanting to pull the entire harness related to weight reducing efforts on the passenger side of the truck. Any special tips to getting this off with least effort or fckn things up? thank

Did you do this yet? I heard there is a wheel speed sensor intertwined in the harness.

Billy T.
[email protected]

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I tried to eliminate the harness but there are other harnesses tied into. So, I just bought the blank plugs from Shibby Engineering out of MI.
- wheel speed sensor
- entry lights which I'm using
- and another harness that goes across the frame which I didn't trace out.

Billy T.
[email protected]

losfinch

Reaction score
Old thread but I wanted to mention that I was able to completely remove the main emissions related wire loom from under the passenger side of my truck. The front right wheel's ABS/AdvanceTrac sensor on mine is indeed bundled into that loom (gray/lavender and purple wires) and makes its way back to the 16 pin connector found about halfway back down the truck. From there it crosses under the truck and goes back up the driver's side frame and then up into the engine compartment where it hooks into the ABS controller. I just ran a couple of wires back from the ABS sensor plug on the frame behind the passenger side's tire back to where I spliced the wires into the wire loom just behind the 16 pin connector that then crosses under the truck. The ABS/AdvanceTrac system works fine now with no error messages or codes.

As far as the door entry lights being in that loom mine doesn't have the lights so I can't verify that.

I am still working on one more set of wires that is in that main emissions wire loom. There is a plug that does come out of that loom about 10 inches away from the large ECM plug end up in the engine compartment. It has two wires (yellow/tan and blue/red) and connects to a plug just behind the passenger's side battery right under the ECM. Haven't figured out what it is for yet. Although disconnected they produce no error messages on the dash nor codes when I run my Autoenginuity scanner. Anybody know what those wires are for?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online