'13 Build for Fireball Run and SEMA

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
Bought another new truck and wanted to do something a little different! For this build, the theme is tough and tactical. With every build of mine, there also comes a deadline. This years' deadline is the Fireball Run Adventurally. FIREBALL RUN is a gripping 8 day, 2000 mile, life-size trivia game, where America serves as the game board; part live event, part streamed, and part episodic series. All mobile-ready episodes are online to watch anytime- from anywhere. Unlike a Reality show this competition is real. 40 driving teams compete for bragging rights, a greater cause, and a plastic road sign. This America-sized game is played live routing through inspiring destinations across the United States. We will be team 13 in the rally which starts September 20 and ends on the 28th. After a month off, the truck will be displayed at the SEMA show in Las Vegas.

First thing is first, the truck got debadged and custom badges are in the works. Some weathertech floor mats were the first purchase.

dyno_zps2c5973bf.jpg

Those of you rolling around in the new superduty's, make sure you check your tires. Mine were splitting and Ford put four new on. Could be bad for someone who doesnt pay much attention. The wheels and tires will be changed of coarse but I wanted it taken care of for piece of mind.

debadge_zpsd2399147.jpg

Curiosity was killing me so the truck went onto the dyno.

dynohp_zps1772aeff.jpg

Some dash pieces were removed for some modification.

hydrodip_zpsbd8e0570.jpg

That is the beginnings of the project, will post more shortly!

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Ray like I told you in the other thread...send it back to pa when youre done LOL...I hate you guys making me go spend $...i want a 6.7 bad

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
Looks like an awesome project
Thanks! I'm wanting to do a lot of machined one off pieces so I will see what happens in the little bit of time given!

Chit I love those consoles. LOL Good luck this year. In for the updates.
Hands down my favorite part of the interior haha Thanks!

I like when no time is wasted. New truck? Let's pull it apart!
In for progress!
Exactly! Warranty..whats that for?

Very nice!!
Thank you!

Ray like I told you in the other thread...send it back to pa when youre done LOL...I hate you guys making me go spend $...i want a 6.7 bad

Haha this thing will be driven that's for sure! I'll have it back there in the spring. Just buy a 6.7 already, could have had doug's cheap..I almost did instead of this

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
seems cool! be sure to give us the streaming info, seems like something I'd definitely be interested in watching!

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
seems cool! be sure to give us the streaming info, seems like something I'd definitely be interested in watching!
I will be sure to do so! I know GoPro is sending a few cameras for the Fireball Run that I will be using and posting videos up as well. The information for live streaming will more than likely be released on the website (http://www.fireballrun.com/) when it gets closer to the event but I will do my best to keep everyone updated prior.

Sounds like its going to be pretty sweet. What're your plans for reliability and fuel mileage?
Thanks! Well right now the truck is getting about 17mpg so i'm already happy. I'm working on a tuner and exhaust at the moment but the DPF/EGR will be present for SEMA. A larger fuel tank may be worked into the build also that way I can minimize the stops during the Fireball Run.

Motostroker

Reaction score
I wonder if you can put smaller gears in it then 3.31's? That way when your cruising at 120 the motor doesn't have to scream the whole time

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
Well you have a bed so, technically you could prob carry 500 gallons of fuel lol
You do have a point lol

I wonder if you can put smaller gears in it then 3.31's? That way when your cruising at 120 the motor doesn't have to scream the whole time
Well its going to be lifted, more than likely with 38's under it so that will help keep rpm's down on the highway

Ray dog! I need to call you soon and catch up, hope everything is goin well!
Minknasty, I was just in your area tuning but ran out of time so I didn't give you a call. I mean i'm not on the lake every weekend partying it up like yourself but i'm doing well

RedRice589

Reaction score
This fireball run sounds like my cup of tea. A Titan and a transfer flow could put you upwards of 150 gallons of fuel easy. Sounds like another idea of the bull run (not the tv show) sweet all the same!

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
This fireball run sounds like my cup of tea. A Titan and a transfer flow could put you upwards of 150 gallons of fuel easy. Sounds like another idea of the bull run (not the tv show) sweet all the same!

It's becoming more interactive like the amazing race and less about driving as fast as you can to the destination. They will be putting gps tracking devices in every competitors vehicle to monitor location and speed. If something really stupid is done they will eliminate that team from the competition according to the rule book. If we can do the extra tasks to get bonus points and spend less time getting fuel then I think we will have the advantage. Of coarse it is all about money and we will have the option to spend at least $250 in every sponsoring city for bonus points as well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.