"11 P007C & keeps blowing CAC boot instanty

TRUBBS

Reaction score
so about 2 weeks about while towing our boat we got a check engine light on our 2011 6.7, used the minimaxx to clear it. code was "P007c Charge Air Cooler, Temperature Circuit Low". came on about 2 more times then stopped and never came back. so i figured it was just from towing the hills midday.

flash forward to yesterday, never got a code again but thinking maybe theyre related? going boating drive up to where we store the boat and everything is fine, (about 2.5 hour drive) hook on to go fishing and about 30minutes into the tow POP goes a boot, thinking k no biggy it happens. pull over and put it back on (cold side boot at the top where it clamps onto the plastic deal before going into the intake manifoild) make it about 200 yards and pop again. it kept poping over and over at anything above 15lbs. so i ended up having to redneck it and wrapped it with electric tape then clamped it. worked to get us to the water but even then as we pulled out of the marina and onto the main road it poped again.

stopped at the local hardwear store and bought a can of hair spray and 2 worm clamps to tripple clamp it and that worked to limp it home.

going to take it into my buddy at ford monday, what do you guys think the issue is? anyone ever have this problem?

Reaction score
Reaction score
Yes, It so happens we are working on a direct replacement that will leave the throttle valve intact. We will have an option each way. Should have a solution here shortly.....

Thanks for the update! Will you create a new thread once you release this new kit? I'd be interested in this kit as it would give me a great piece of mind while on a road trip knowing that plastic tube cant just randomly blow out on me.

TRUBBS

Reaction score
Did you clean it good when you put it back on? Take off oil residue

cleaned it as best as i could given the situation, my buddy thats also my ford tech said he sees it often as once it blows once, itll almost never hold again without being replaced

We have seen a ton of those plastic pipe's fail. Sucks when something that small can turn a good day into roadside repair's........ We made a remedy for them. Check here... Thanks
http://hs-motorsports.com/misc-products/11-14-ford-6-7l-intercooler-upgrade-kit.html

thanks, if it happens again ill have to look into this.