Ordering '16 Platinum F350 SRW

WHYUMAD

Reaction score
Hey there,

I'm about to order a 2016 F350 Platinum SRW & am in between a few aftermarket choices right now. First, I want to keep the lift minimal in height. I have to fit in an 8' garage; therefore I have run the numbers & I should have room with an 8" lift & 38s, but that's on paper. How tall would an F350 be with a 6" lift & 37's? 6" is the most I'd like to go & it seems its the least I could go for 37s without having any rubbing issues.

So my questions are:
1) 8' Garage Clearance - will 6" lift & 37s on an F350 fit??
2) Will 37s rub on a 6" lift always or only on certain offsets? I'm comnsidering 22x12, 22x11, 22x10, & 24x12 AMerican Force Rims (Elite SS8 probably)
3) Best lift to go with? I'm looking at the fully loaded BDS 6" Four Link Lift w/Dual 2.0s & stabilizers

My next question is aesthetics related. I'm coming from a white raptor with black rims, fenders, hood graphics, grills, etc. It's a pretty clean white & black theme...I'm getting a white F350 and was looking into doing the white & black theme again, but I saw pictures of white superduties with brushed/polished rims and oh my...I am not a big fan of the "chrome" look, but I'm thinking about going the brushed or polished route for rims. I was going to cut down on all of the chrome, but leave some to match the rims if I did get brushed/polished rims. I'll be throwing on some led bars, retrofitted headlights, etc.

Aesthetics questions:
1) Should I go with the black rim route & delete all chrome on the truck? (Pictures or ideas would be appreciated)
2) If I go with the brushed rim route, I'd like to keep some chrome accents & possibly give them the brushed appearance too such as the grill. How hard would that be?
3) Anybody have any pictures of a white superduty with satin black or matte black american force rims on them? I can't find any pictures of the SS8 Elites in black on any truck period.
4) Any other ideas or pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks.

sootie

Reaction score
you need to speak to josh at the diesel cartel...

his handle is InMotionJosh on here...

12stroker

Reaction score
I know at my house I have a 8ft garage door and a truck with a 4 inch lift and 35's fit barley.
I have a lcon leveling kit and 35's I can take a better pic this afternoon with a the actual opening above the cab
image_zpsc4d34f7e.jpg

TripleE44

Reaction score
You sure that's not a 7 foot door? I got my 08 with a 7'' lift and 37s into my parents 8 foot garage with plenty of room. And my current truck(3.5'' lift with 35s) goes in my 7' garage at my house with like 2'' of room.

BK39

Reaction score
My garage is 8'. My old truck had 8" lift with 37s and cleared only by a couple inches. I see no reason a 6" lift and 37s wouldn't clear. But like posted above, call Josh, a 6" lift may require certain wheels to clear the 37s.

gfulton

Reaction score
Hey there,

I'm about to order a 2016 F350 Platinum SRW & am in between a few aftermarket choices right now. First, I want to keep the lift minimal in height. I have to fit in an 8' garage; therefore I have run the numbers & I should have room with an 8" lift & 38s, but that's on paper. How tall would an F350 be with a 6" lift & 37's? 6" is the most I'd like to go & it seems its the least I could go for 37s without having any rubbing issues.

So my questions are:
1) 8' Garage Clearance - will 6" lift & 37s on an F350 fit??
2) Will 37s rub on a 6" lift always or only on certain offsets? I'm comnsidering 22x12, 22x11, 22x10, & 24x12 AMerican Force Rims (Elite SS8 probably)
3) Best lift to go with? I'm looking at the fully loaded BDS 6" Four Link Lift w/Dual 2.0s & stabilizers

My next question is aesthetics related. I'm coming from a white raptor with black rims, fenders, hood graphics, grills, etc. It's a pretty clean white & black theme...I'm getting a white F350 and was looking into doing the white & black theme again, but I saw pictures of white superduties with brushed/polished rims and oh my...I am not a big fan of the "chrome" look, but I'm thinking about going the brushed or polished route for rims. I was going to cut down on all of the chrome, but leave some to match the rims if I did get brushed/polished rims. I'll be throwing on some led bars, retrofitted headlights, etc.

Aesthetics questions:
1) Should I go with the black rim route & delete all chrome on the truck? (Pictures or ideas would be appreciated)
2) If I go with the brushed rim route, I'd like to keep some chrome accents & possibly give them the brushed appearance too such as the grill. How hard would that be?
3) Anybody have any pictures of a white superduty with satin black or matte black american force rims on them? I can't find any pictures of the SS8 Elites in black on any truck period.
4) Any other ideas or pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tape measure is your friend.......

TripleE44

Reaction score
The only issue with the that is I want to buy the rins, lift, tires, etc. Before the truck comes in. That way I can put it all on the day it comes in & it's done.

You're right though. You need to get other people's experiences because a 6" lift just isn't gonna lift the truck exactly 6" all around and some companies 6" is high and some is low. I still don't see where you would have any issue with 6" and 37s with an 8' door.

But like a few others said, this is a job for Josh at The Diesel Cartel. That is the first person I thought of when I read your original post.

bhodge

Reaction score
2015 6" lift, 24x11 -24, 37x13.50 toyo. I am at 86" at cab lights.

Jassman

Reaction score
Try giving Cary at CT Performance a call. He is very knowledgeable and sells Carli, Icon and Pure Performance suspensions. 775-835-3569

W8KSK8

Reaction score
I am at stock height- 2014 f250 fx4 and I can't fit in a 7ft 2in parking garage

I recommend the diesel cartel as well !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcain

Reaction score
I am at stock height- 2014 f250 fx4 and I can't fit in a 7ft 2in parking garage

I recommend the diesel cartel as well !

Odd. I'm lifted 2.5" on 35s and fit in my own 7' garage.

TRobb

Reaction score
Well I'll throw my .02 in this pot for what it's worth. I have a '10 platinum with a 6" lift and 37s on 22x10 with a -24 offset and they do rub, but barely. Height wise it's pretty close to 8'(I can go measure). As far as aesthetics go. I cannot stand a hefty amount of chrome, to each their own though. I left the grill chrome on mine because the bumpers are chrome too and so are the running boards so it compliments well enough(I blacked out the grill and accents on my last 250 and wasn't too happy with the result). So after all that here are the goods

6033a8800cd64e2a595355d6934912d1.jpg
7eef6ec0c803cd597b52c95d6eb70180.jpg
6292de7aa37aa4ef23414e04e74d4ee6.jpg

Last edited:

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Yeah. I'm at 3.5" and just put 37s on and still fit in my 7'.

I am at 3.5 and running 35's and I couldn't make it in a 7' door. At 2.5" the roof of my truck was right at 7' and I am an inch higher front and rear now. I wonder how much the rear block comes into play since I do run a taller rear block than most guys to at a given lift to keep some rake. I may measure mine today and see.

Latest posts

Members online