CEL???

Reaction score
Was comming home today from a long trip. I behaved the entire time until I ended up on a 2 lane road. Put the tuner on performance canned h&s tunes and passed one rig. Noticed the truck was smokier than normal and did not cleanup as much as it normally does. Went to pass another rig and truck shifted into 6th then boom. The truck hit a wall, lost power, and would not rev. Coasted to the side and truck shut down. Turn the key on and pull the code. Don't remember the code number but it said something to the nature of "extreme fuel leak".

Checked the lift pump for leaks, checked the under hood filter connections, and looked around at the fuel connections I could see. No leaks or smell of fuel.

Got in the truck and it started up and ran fine. Put I back on stock and went another 400 miles with no issues.

Truck is a 11, deleted with h&s can tunes. 98k miles 58k deleted.

Did I starve the high pressure pump of fuel or something?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Was comming home today from a long trip. I behaved the entire time until I ended up on a 2 lane road. Put the tuner on performance canned h&s tunes and passed one rig. Noticed the truck was smokier than normal and did not cleanup as much as it normally does. Went to pass another rig and truck shifted into 6th then boom. The truck hit a wall, lost power, and would not rev. Coasted to the side and truck shut down. Turn the key on and pull the code. Don't remember the code number but it said something to the nature of "extreme fuel leak".

Checked the lift pump for leaks, checked the under hood filter connections, and looked around at the fuel connections I could see. No leaks or smell of fuel.

Got in the truck and it started up and ran fine. Put I back on stock and went another 400 miles with no issues.

Truck is a 11, deleted with h&s can tunes. 98k miles 58k deleted.

Did I starve the high pressure pump of fuel or something?

P0093? fuel system leak detected. Large leak?

That's the code the truck will set when the HPFP can't keep up with the commanded PW of your "performance" tune and drain the rails and it will defuel and set the code.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
its a freak code. dont sweat it. it prolly wont come back.

Reaction score
Peaked my curiosity since I have always beat on the truck and it never happened.

Truck was probably giving me the finger. It was its last hoora before going back to stock to be sold. New one already has 1,200 miles on it.

Latest posts

Members online