$1000

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Insightful post. However, an intake is about $350, tuner right at 550, and pipe is$200. So yes, all three together

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Lol I hear ya but put 5k into a diesel and 5k into a Honda and in the end you will get more of a power jump in the honda within reason ofcourse.
At least thats my opinion.

I look at a diesel like a boat, bust out another thousand.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Try owning an exotic, then make a post on how much upgrades cost ;)

dsberman94

Reaction score
Subaru is expensive enough to mod. I think they're more than these trucks to get an equal quality part to what we would get.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
LOL, $5k... Makes me ashamed of what I have in mine, AND, still stock engine!
Thats the truth; it adds up quick.
I'm doing a rebuild and adding some goodies but none of them really add much power. Mostly just reliability upgrades for now and im in way more then I thought I would be.

Try owning an exotic, then make a post on how much upgrades cost ;)
I could only imagine; what kind of exotic you speaking of?

c63 AMG

Reaction score
As far as engine modifications go I would say this truck is pretty cheap compared to my other cars. When it comes to suspension seems like you can spend as much or little as you want.

Sent from my banana using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
I could only imagine; what kind of exotic you speaking of?

Had a Viper, 700rwhp N/A. I had more than the original sticker price, in upgrades just to get from 500hp to 700hp...

Put it this way: To get my truck from 400ish to 600ish it cost me 1200ish. To get my Viper from 500ish to 700ish, it cost me 30k, and that was JUST the engine. Now lets play everyone's favorite game: Will the Power Train take it?!

No... the answer was no...

And that's an extreme example. Like someone already said, even a damn subaru is more expensive to mod...

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Well sh*t that crazy, but impressive at the same time.

And I agree with the Subaru statment, iv just seen some guys with no so good looking honda that were crazy fast for real cheap. Like junk yard Frankenstein build with turbo. That hatch was wicked fast for the money he had in it which I think was about 7k.
So that's where my statment comes from.
Or
Maybe I'm also just a little butt hurt I'm dropping a good amount on my engine and have not even upgraded fuel or turbos lol.

Notneb

Reaction score
Well sh*t that crazy, but impressive at the same time.

And I agree with the Subaru statment, iv just seen some guys with no so good looking honda that were crazy fast for real cheap. Like junk yard Frankenstein build with turbo. That hatch was wicked fast for the money he had in it which I think was about 7k.
So that's where my statment comes from.
Or
Maybe I'm also just a little butt hurt I'm dropping a good amount on my engine and have not even upgraded fuel or turbos lol.

Yeah but at the end of the day, it's still a sh!t box honda... I see no point in spending money a pos. If you want cheap speed, buy a motorcycle... But even that honda would require more money per hp than our trucks, to get the same increase ratio.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
I can respect what your saying and agree for the most part. Only time I see a Honda as a option is when it's a straight beater to go fast where blowing it up or something happening to the body that does not matter as they are a dime a dozen. But hey I do agree with you that's why I got my 6.4

Notneb

Reaction score
I can respect what your saying and agree for the most part. Only time I see a Honda as a option is when it's a straight beater to go fast where blowing it up or something happening to the body that does not matter as they are a dime a dozen. But hey I do agree with you that's why I got my 6.4

Beaters ftw! I wish I could get swap a 6.4 into my 2015...

Latest posts

Members online