******** shoddy fuel filter plus more filtration

Reaction score
I'm looking to get rid of the stock "bowl" fuel filter setup on the frame rail on my 2011. I would like to run a 10 micron into a 2 micron spin on filter setup. My issue though is as far as I can read it seems I would be pioneering this. My question is A) does anybody know of somebody who has already done what I want to do, B) what fitting will I need to get the stock fuel lines to connect the lines for a fuel filer base like this one: https://www.napacanada.com/en/p/NGF4309

thanks.

sootie

Reaction score
check out dieselsite's option for this...not exactly what you are looking for but at least its engineered.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Yes you can do it. I will be doing this soon. I have gathered my parts and fitting and built my bracket. I literally have zero down time from now til after the first of the year. I will be leaving my stock filter in place. I did the exact same filters and bases on my 6.0 liter and the stock fuel filter was in place for 50k and looked new. I changed it when I did my cummins swap and ran that fuel filter for about 8 years in the stock pump Zero issues or filter falling apart.

I am using two nappa 4770 bases, one 3406 (5 Mic) filter and one 3405 (14 mic) filter. I have also used a 3005 filter (3 Mic) when the 3406 was not avaiable. I am using some 1/2X-8an male and female fittings from summit, (russell or vibrant brand I believe) to make the quick disconnects from the stock fuel lines. My two filter bases are hard mounted with a brass pipe. There is a small offset in the filters. Then everything from there is -8 pushloc jic fittings from a local hydro shop. I have about $140 in my setup and that was buying two of each filters. FYI you can buy the the original filter bases that dieselsite uses off ebay for about 50 bucks a piece dahl/baldwin model 65. I was going to go that route but decided no to because oreillys or napa do not stock those filters. And if I needed one in a pinch the parts store would not have it.

Attachments

• DIESELSITE original.JPG
    DIESELSITE original.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 169

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
It worked on my 6.0 hfcm for over 130k. And if the 6.7 lpfp is an upgrade for the 6.0 guys I would assume it will be fine. Although the 6.7 may require more fuel pressure and gph to the hpfp than the 6.0 did. I know that the 6.0 didnt have a hpfp but you know what I mean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
What are you doing for the double fittings? Are you splitting it into two line then back into one after the filter?

edit: Went and crawled under the truck and realised there's two lines coming and and two going out so that answered my question.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So just ordered all of my stuff online. two napa 4770 filter bases, p1212 connections from fass off of summit to connect to the original ford quick locks, 6 feet of 1/2 inch braded fuel line, 4 1/2 npt connectors, a dozen clamps and a ten and two micron baldwin bf971 and bf 1268 respectively. I'll be putting it all together during christmas brake.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
So just ordered all of my stuff online. two napa 4770 filter bases, p1212 connections from fass off of summit to connect to the original ford quick locks, 6 feet of 1/2 inch braded fuel line, 4 1/2 npt connectors, a dozen clamps and a ten and two micron baldwin bf971 and bf 1268 respectively. I'll be putting it all together during christmas brake.
you are making it a pre and post pump setup right? just like you would do on the heui trucks?

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
you know dam well if someone does this and it works out the right way then someone will pick it up and start building their own filter setups. lol

live life full throttle

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I am not running a pre and post lpfp filter. Both of mine are before the the lpfp. With hard pipe in between to connect the two bases together. Follow just like in the video.

https://youtu.be/nc4v1h88or0

Reaction score
Waiting on some fittings. I'm finishing up some body work on it currently as some rust was creeping up and took a bit more precedent at the moment. I fully intend to document this build and hope to start a build thread in the new year.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I have all my stuff to do it and my bracket built. Just no time and no dry place to slap it on. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I have the diesel site set up. I appreciate you trying to build one. I would have if I had the time. I know I overpaid. it is one of those time or money deals, I like the bolt on and be done right now. You should look into making a pretty block and sell it to us!!

C2tuck

Reaction score
Anyone ever finish this? Looking at adding the spin ons. If so, have any pics of the install and mounting plate?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.