icon or fox

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Between the two I'd say fox. Personal preference would be Bilstein over both. Just personal experience with a lifted truck. If you can swing the dough, King's would be ideal with proper valving.

Buck1

Reaction score
I just traded out my Bilsteins for Icons. I think they ride better. Was regular silver Bilsteins and went to icon omega, so probably not a real apples to Apple comparison, but I am pleased thus far.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

powerstrokezach6.7

Reaction score
I just traded out my Bilsteins for Icons. I think they ride better. Was regular silver Bilsteins and went to icon omega, so probably not a real apples to Apple comparison, but I am pleased thus far.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

should the icon shocks bolt right up with the skyjacker lift?

Buck1

Reaction score
Yup. Mount in Stock locations. Sponsors on here can help you out with parts. Some stuff for sale in classifieds as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Radioflyer

Reaction score
yeah kings shocks are outta my price haha. why bilstein? ride smoother?

I've never ran Icon's so I could be ignorant on not recommending them. Not saying I wouldn't run them and I've heard they're a great shock. I've ran my bilsteins since day one on my truck (~90k i've put on this truck) and have had zero issues and it made a big difference in the ride. Like said before, depending on the style of bilstein your comparing apples to oranges. Mine are 5100's non-res standard shock. I'm looking at upgrading to the res style and custom valving (5170's irrc is the series). For out of the box valving and zero adjustment-ability, my 5100's have been great and I look at it as; if they did a good job for me for being very basic, I can only imagine how a more refined setup would perform like. I'm purely going off of what I've had work for me is all.

Buck1

Reaction score
I did go with resis. I ran the 5100s and thought ride was good at beginning, but thought it had gotten harsher here lately. Same thing on my 2000 with yellow Bilsteins.

BBottoms

Reaction score
I haven't run fox or icons but I've got 5160s and they're pretty stiff, especially unloaded in the rear. I'm considering switching to Fox's because I've heard good things about their on-road ride.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I did go with resis. I ran the 5100s and thought ride was good at beginning, but thought it had gotten harsher here lately. Same thing on my 2000 with yellow Bilsteins.

Same thing is happening with my 5160s, and the more people I ask the more common it seems to be.

OP: I've heard good things about fox lately and I'm considering of switching at some point. I would suggest adjustable shocks if you can, whether it be the bypasses or just the ones with a compression adjuster. Another thing to consider would be the Icon coils vs the skyjacker coils, springs can definitely have an effect on ride too.

I had the Icon omega bypasses on my last truck and it made a HUGE difference over the standard 2.0 icons. You get what you pay for with shocks.