Project "Sherbert"

imelmo

Reaction score
So I picked up a 2wd 2003 6.0 F350 fat-butt truck for $1k with a blown oil cooler. :D It's an XL with rubber floors but power locks, windows, mirrors and cruise. Exactly what I like.

Supposedly that's the only thing wrong but I figure for the price I can't lose even if there's other stuff. Mikey (bigrpower) was kind enough to name it given it's sherbet resembling paint scheme, lol.

The immediate plan is to get the oil cooler fixed, and put an egr delete, coolant filter, and delta kit from Absolute on it. Once that's all done it'll get all the regular service done as long as nothing else is found to be wrong with it.

It's with Jason at G Racing right now to get all that done. :rockon:

Once it's all good to go, I will pick it up and drop off ZMBYKLR for some way overdue attention. Then once ZMBYKLR is done, I'm going to drop Sherbet off again so Jason can pull the engine, computers, wiring, etc... for a 12 valve Cummings swap. :eek: :D Gonna make it a 500ish rwhp tow pig with some help from Bean's.

I think I'm gonna keep the paint colors, mostly because I like the name Mikey gave it. LOL Just gonna find some ways to spruce it up.

I'll be using the 6.0 motor and stuff for another project. :evil

Anyway, here's a couple pics of Sherbet from when I first picked it up:

null_zpsecd6f7f9.jpg

null_zpsd12973dd.jpg

Last edited:

imelmo

Reaction score
I cant see a 500hp 12 valve being better for towing than a 500hp 6.0???

I need the engine and stuff for something else; that's what I bought the truck for.

Sherbert would be a better name. Nice colors though, haha.

I thought that's how "sherbet" was supposed to be spelled (I pronounce it "sherbert" too), but apparently it isn't.

DHFF

Reaction score
Wow thats ugly but nice find!!!!!!!! Thats a steal...... I also would rather see it stay a 6.0

imelmo

Reaction score
Keeping the 5R in it. I have a couple spares here for my other project.

Sargar

Reaction score
For a thousand bucks, I don't care what color it is. Nice find!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online