Squeaking air leak sound help!

smcox1

Reaction score
So it's been about 6 months that my 6.4 was wrecked and the front end was replaced and after picking it up it started making a squeaking air leak type sound and I finally found out where it's coming from. In the photos there's a hose that runs in the drivers side wheel well and it goes to the cooler on the right and if you grab it you can feel it vibrating. It doesn't always make the sound and will turn on and off while it's running. It's driving me crazy so if anyone knows what it is and can let me know I'd greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_3041.JPG
    IMG_3041.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3043.jpg
    IMG_3043.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 50

Strokersace

Reaction score
You have air in your fuel coolant system. Put the tail in up in the air as high as you can. There's a plug on the top of the VGT actuator to bleed the air. Fire truck up and let it idle. Burp and slowly refill up by the fuel cooler until noise stops and no more air bleeds out.

smcox1

Reaction score
That's the fuel cooler. Do a search on here, there is a procedure to bleed the system

Thanks!

You have air in your fuel coolant system. Put the tail in up in the air as high as you can. There's a plug on the top of the VGT actuator to bleed the air. Fire truck up and let it idle. Burp and slowly refill up by the fuel cooler until noise stops and no more air bleeds out.

Thank you! Should I strap it to the bucket of the tractor by the ass end and stand it on its nose? LOL

boggerr

Reaction score
Here is the bleeding procedure

Filling and Bleeding

1. Connect the coolant hoses at the fuel cooling system radiator.

2. NOTE: The side bolt does not have to be removed to remove the fuel cooling system radiator.

Remove the fuel cooling system radiator top bolt.

3. Slide the fuel and turbocharger cooling system radiator up off the side bolt and position the radiator horizontally.

4. Remove the plug from the turbocharger actuator cooler.

5. Fill the fuel and turbocharger cooling system through the expansion tank until the coolant reaches the top of the turbocharger actuator plug hole.

6. Install the turbocharger cooler plug. Tighten to 33 Nm (24 lb-ft).

7. NOTE: If the coolant pump does not operate when the ignition switch is turned to the RUN position, disconnect the coolant pump-to-fuel cooler hose from the fuel cooler, place the end of the hose in a clear container and run the engine until the coolant pump turns on and coolant starts to fill the container. Shut the engine off, connect the coolant pump-to-fuel cooler hose to the fuel cooler and proceed with the bleed procedure.

Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position to activate the coolant pump. Allow the coolant pump to run for one minute.

8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

9. Remove the plug from the turbocharger actuator cooler.

10. Fill the fuel and turbocharger cooling system through the expansion tank until the coolant reaches the top of the turbocharger actuator plug hole.

11. Install the turbocharger actuator cooler plug. Tighten to 33 Nm (24 lb-ft).

12. Fill the coolant expansion tank until the coolant in the coolant expansion tank is visible through the site glass.

13. Position the fuel and turbocharger cooling system radiator and install the bolt. Tighten to 12 Nm (9 lb-ft).

14. Install the pressure relief cap.

15. Clean any coolant that may have spilled on the engine components.

Latest posts

Members online