S369sxe vs kc stage 3

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Thatll happen. I would hoghly recommend o rings while the heads are off. It should hold with tye 425s then

IIVonnyII

Reaction score
I bought my 369SXE from BD diesel.

I also have 205/100s and laid down 706rwhp. she puts out! hp curve is beautiful

but I don't tow and wouldn't want to with my set up.

just my .02

its not great on the street, but I ran a box 366 for a year and its an improvement over that so I am happy.
Itll beat just about anything on the street , car or truck.. except my good buddies 7.3 ... of all things LOL

Last edited:
Reaction score
I bought my 369SXE from BD diesel.

I also have 205/100s and laid down 706rwhp. she puts out! hp curve is beautiful

but I don't tow and wouldn't want to with my set up.

just my .02

its not great on the street, but I ran a box 366 for a year and its an improvement over that so I am happy.
Itll beat just about anything on the street , car or truck.. except my good buddies 7.3 ... of all things LOL

I assume 706 on fuel? Have you sprayed any? Good to get feedback from someone with exact setup I'm after. But like Charlie said maybe it's not a good daily setup. Is yours a weekend only toy or do you drive it daily

IIVonnyII

Reaction score
I assume 706 on fuel? Have you sprayed any? Good to get feedback from someone with exact setup I'm after. But like Charlie said maybe it's not a good daily setup. Is yours a weekend only toy or do you drive it daily

yeah, 706rwhp on fuel only. I have also sprayed it , same day same dyno the run after my 706 it put down 857. but I just ghetto fogged it.
It was a daily driver , drove it all year round. recently had a lifterfail and take out the cam and now im doing a full motor build on it .

definitely daily drivable. definitely some lag down low but not that bad. its no stock throttle response haha.

any other questions about the set up?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
How long do the orings last I've read they have to be replaced fairly often

O rings are pretty much set it and forget it. Fire rings are the picky little biches that need tons of upkeep.

Only thing i did was torque the heads and then let it sit overnight. Then i retorqued them as the o rings settle slightly.

Reaction score
yeah, 706rwhp on fuel only. I have also sprayed it , same day same dyno the run after my 706 it put down 857. but I just ghetto fogged it.
It was a daily driver , drove it all year round. recently had a lifterfail and take out the cam and now im doing a full motor build on it .

definitely daily drivable. definitely some lag down low but not that bad. its no stock throttle response haha.

any other questions about the set up?

Wow 857 is nice. And none off the top of my head. Definitely some thinking to do between the 2 turbos and I'm stuck between 205's and 250 hybrids. I like vgt for driveabilty but love non vgt for how much bigger it can get.

Reaction score
O rings are pretty much set it and forget it. Fire rings are the picky little biches that need tons of upkeep.

Only thing i did was torque the heads and then let it sit overnight. Then i retorqued them as the o rings settle slightly.

How much extra did machining cost for the orings and who did you order rings from

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
The shop i buy all my chit from does them in house. I think it cost me 250 bucks for the o rings. I put new heads on, so there was no machining. I think with machining, qnd cutting o rings they charge 650-700 bucks.

Reaction score
The shop i buy all my chit from does them in house. I think it cost me 250 bucks for the o rings. I put new heads on, so there was no machining. I think with machining, qnd cutting o rings they charge 650-700 bucks.

Hmmm I'll look into it today and see what my machine shop charges. Where did you order your orings from

Reaction score
Called the machine shop today. 140.00 for resurface and magnaflux, 200.00 for valve job I supply seals, and 300.00 for orings and they have it in house. I assume it's worth it to save a set of gaskets

IIVonnyII

Reaction score
Wow 857 is nice. And none off the top of my head. Definitely some thinking to do between the 2 turbos and I'm stuck between 205's and 250 hybrids. I like vgt for driveabilty but love non vgt for how much bigger it can get.

yeah it definitely put out man. downside is I collapsed a lifter and it took out the cam. doing a full build now.

I would go with the 205/100 over the 250 hybrid. you should be able to supply enough oil for the conventional.. if you were going to go with a hybrid I would jump to a 330/100. enough fuel for 850 wheel with the right charger setup , and you could detune it down easily to a 205 conventional level with the 100% nozzle still.

definitely ring the heads while you're in there. under WOT ( 52psi ) I would lift the heads on 6/8 of my cylinders.

Reaction score
6.0 tech I've finally made it out to your neck of the woods. In Phoenix for the rest of the week/weekend. No truck this trip though I took the easy route and flew

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Lol, yeah he'll do that... The 2r is great, spools quicker than stock, and keeps pulling up top. He's out of the dual ball bearing ones right now, but let me know what you want to drive and ill get it put on.

Sent ya a pm too.

Latest posts

Members online