2009 F250 rear body mounts

CMCFord6.4

Reaction score
I have an 09 F250 4x4. The rear body mounts under the cab are toast. The back of the cab and bed clank on every bump in the road so went to the dealer picked up some new bushings and went to replace the drivers side and the bolt came right out and when re installing the new bushing got the bolt tight but there was still play in the cab so went to tighten some more and snapped the bolt in two. I read the torque rating was around 80lbs but I still had play when stepping on the rear bumper? I know I shouldn't just tighten my problems away but the bushing was barely touching the bracket so I only assumed it needed more. Apparently I was wrong does anyone have any info on installing these? Im not having much luck finding info on it. Thanks

Last edited:

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Typically 80 ft lbs is enough, probably check the rest of the mounts. It may be sitting crooked due to a more forward mount being shot as well and kinda making it teeter totter

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Easiest way would be to get a new nut. Pull the back of the rear seat down, there will be a black plastic cap, pull that, and youll be able to see the nut. Fold back the tabs holding the squarsish washer in and pull th nut with the bolt. You may need to do some grinding on the hole to fit the nut out. Install new nut, refold the tabs, or weld the nut to the body, and put a new bolt in. I personally like to run a tap thru all the nuts before i put the body back down to clean all the lock tite out. Threads are 12x1.75.

CMCFord6.4

Reaction score
I was messing with that broken bolt through the cab and I can't seem to get the tabs holding the nut in place to budge? Is there a certain direction or angle they need to be bent out of the way?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Bend them the way they fold. I think it is to the side on both halves. Pry bar at just the right angle, and maybe some persuasion from a lateral force applicator will do it. Its been a while since i did a rear one, otherwise id be more help, sorry man.

Latest posts

Members online