coil spacer with stock shocks?

kcchief434

Reaction score
My front end is 4 inches lower than rear so I want to put a 2 1/2 spacer on front to level it out. My question is can I put a spacer in and be good to go? I have fx4 package with rancho shocks

Jgon08

Reaction score
If it we're me I would get shocks too going up That much on stock shocks will kill them a lot faster.

sootie

Reaction score
i did it for a while and then changed the shocks out. i hated going over bumps and the shocks topping out on me-was very uncomfortable.

sootie

Reaction score
i went with rancho 9000 adjustables. have to ask Morgan @ Midwest the length. he can hook you up with them...

sootie

Reaction score
You happy with them? Mine as well put solid chunks of wood for shocks with these bilsteins haha.

way to revive an old thread! Truck is long gone with those shocks. I would never do anything other than Fox nowadays. Carli valving if you can swing it. Those Ranchos wouldnt last 20k on lease roads...

dsmracing1

Reaction score
way to revive an old thread! Truck is long gone with those shocks. I would never do anything other than Fox nowadays. Carli valving if you can swing it. Those Ranchos wouldnt last 20k on lease roads...

Lol, I noticed that after I replied haha. Good to know, getting sick of the ride quality with the 5100's. thinking of just going with a 2.5 commuter system next year...

sootie

Reaction score
Lol, I noticed that after I replied haha. Good to know, getting sick of the ride quality with the 5100's. thinking of just going with a 2.5 commuter system next year...

if you go off road at all (or bad dirt roads), get the backcountry kit. If you stick to the pavement, do the commuter

Jomax

Reaction score
Just get the king 2.5 pin top kit. Worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Does the larger 2.5 stuff last?

Ive had two sets of 5150s and one set of Fox 2.0s. Neither set lasted longer than 20k miles. All three sets failed one front and one rear shock. All pavement driving.

Im really hesitant on spending more money on shocks without a lifetime warranty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

dsmracing1

Reaction score
if you go off road at all (or bad dirt roads), get the backcountry kit. If you stick to the pavement, do the commuter

Ok sounds good. Yes a lot of back roads for me. On the big line 3 enbridge replacement project for the next while and driving the right away sucks right now. I'm also going down to an 18" rim to get more rubber too...

sootie

Reaction score
Ok sounds good. Yes a lot of back roads for me. On the big line 3 enbridge replacement project for the next while and driving the right away sucks right now. I'm also going down to an 18" rim to get more rubber too...

Ya, backcountry at minimum. Pintop at best.

Jomax

Reaction score
Does the larger 2.5 stuff last?

Ive had two sets of 5150s and one set of Fox 2.0s. Neither set lasted longer than 20k miles. All three sets failed one front and one rear shock. All pavement driving.

Im really hesitant on spending more money on shocks without a lifetime warranty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

They last a LOT longer, plus they're fully rebuildable.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Might as well jump to the dominator kit.

Lol, So much want! We get screwed up here because of our dollar. That would be a near $20K kit up here by the time it was installed haha. Probably looking at 6-7K installed just for the full backcountry kit installed!

Latest posts

Members online