Cage nuts for front two body mounts

03silvertj

Reaction score
I was replacing my body mounts today and the cage nuts for the two front mounts are stripped. I know here was a thread on what the fix is around here somewhere.

I’ve already removed the headlights to get to the top sides of the nut, but what do you do from there? The idea I currently have is to sacrifice an open end wrench, but what size is that nut? Any other ideas/quick fixes?

Lipka101

Reaction score
Either modify a wrench or weld the nut to the body and never worry about it again. It’s difficult to get in there but it can be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gotchadollar

Reaction score
Just weld it you will fight getting new ones in there. Just needs a good tack on it and it should get hot enough to melt the lock tight holding it.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Wrench size is 7/8, once i learned the weld trick, i have done it ever since and never looked back...

03silvertj

Reaction score
Alright cool. Looks like I'm going to be doing some tack welding...

Thanks guys!

rockycreek

Reaction score
I was able to do it with a normal 7/8 combo wrench, no modifications. But I like the idea of the weld trick, gonna have to try that on the next one.

Smokun

Reaction score
I had To do this recently for a customer. Being that it is hidden behind a fender well we cut an access hole a little bigger than what’s there. Then we cut the opening a little bigger and slid the cage out of the tube. On the install we just held the nut with a wrench.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts