MPD Budget swap. Where do the voids under turbo lead to?

Texan6Seven

Reaction score
So I pulled the factory turbo today to swap in the MPD Budget turbo kit. Now I know that the stock turbo is cooled by the coolant system but when I pulled the turbo some coolant drained out of the bottom of it and into the area under the pedestal. Where do all of those voids under the turbo on the case lead to? I haven’t been able to find any info online. Just don’t want to do any damage to the motor.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
They drain back to the crankcase, one is the oil feed passage. After pulling the turbo, you need to do an oil change, as they do leak coolant into the crankcase.

Texan6Seven

Reaction score
So when I drain the oil after everything is buttoned up, run it for a heat cycle then drain the oil, replace the filter again or do you think that’s overkill? Two oil changes are cheaper than a major engine event.

Last edited:

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Usually just dumping it the once is fine. Ford manual doesnt say anything about multiple changes, its typically just a small amount that drains in, and the majority makes it in the drain holes, as they are rather large, which go straight to the pan.

Latest posts

Members online